Appalachian Camp out 2014 ?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

road runner

Reaction score
Anyone planning on camping this May? I don't know where or when, but thought I'd see if there's any interest. Any takers? Joe, Bob, Heidi, Scott,

Come on out to Marietta the first weekend of May. You can set your tent up in the hotel room.

This year sometime, I'm moving down to about 45 minutes from BRMC...however this year I'm working on the changing jobs and moving part, so I can't plan any of that this year.

If all goes well, I should be able to plan a May gathering in 2015...

...in the meantime, I'll just see what you guys come up with.

Anyone planning on camping this May? I don't know where or when, but thought I'd see if there's any interest. Any takers? Joe, Bob, Heidi, Scott,
Art,

The SE Ohio Ramble is the firts weekend in May, as posted above by Steve.

I think that there may be a camping trip to Jennings Randolph Lake, in the works. Jim Meadows (spklbuk) usually puts a couple of camping trips together. Last year we also camped at RD Bailey Lake. Both places have plenty of GREAT riding.

https://corpslakes.usace.army.mil/visitors/projects.cfm?Id=E101770

https://corpslakes.usace.army.mil/visitors/projects.cfm?Id=H114780

I'm sure that I could be talked into a camping trip...pick a date.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just checkin. I may have to see about the Ramble again. Last year was messed up for me and I didn't do my usual trips, but this year I would like to put some miles on again.
smile.png

I say we bookend the month and go camping 5/30 -6/1.
Going to SEO plus I got a planned ride for Mem day weekend in NW Pennsyltucky (bookended!). We are staying at a lodge, It's not camping (unless you make it).

I will make a post on it as we already have about a dozen bikes in for it.

Back on topic, my buddy Jim and I were blue-skying some rides bracketed by SEO and EOM. He mentioned the Adirondacks, I mentioned the Cabot Trail, he mentioned an SS1600 around Lake Superior, I mentioned WV/VA.

He likes to camp, so maybe, depending on how this plays out, we'd be in for an AppCamp.

Days off is an issue. Luckily, he my manager :D