2014 CFR Website

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yamafitter

Reigning NERDS Granite Lane Gold Medalist
Reaction score
CFR Website for 2014 is up with a little bit of info. More will be added when Canadian Winter ends in July.

2014 CFR

The 2014 CFR Rally
Holiday Inn Express
Deer Lake, Newfoundland
August 14th - 17th, 2014

A note for our American friends ....
A PASSPORT, NEXUS Card or an Enhanced Licence is required to cross the border into Canada and to return to the USA.

Hotel Info:

Holiday Inn Express
38 Bennett's Ave
Deer Lake, Newfoundland
A8A 1A9
Tele: 1 (877) 660-8550

BOOKING CODE: Mention Yamaha CFR Rally

GPS Co-Ordinates - N49 10.930 W57 26.120

Headquarters for 2014 CFR will be the Holiday Inn Express

Note: There are no rally fees and there will be no registration. Just post up that you are coming and then show up to Ride the Rock.

BeemerDons accused me of being drunk and forgetting to post this after I had posted this over on FJRider. I would have thought BeemerDons would have been too drunk to notice.

You can book your registration at the Holiday Inn Express in Deer Lake, NL anytime. Just mention Canadian FJR Rally. For those Luddites, like Don, that lack the computer skills to click on a link the CFR will be held in Deer Lake, Newfoundland on August 14 -17, 2014.

I am NOT the Rallymaster. Also please be advised that I will be too drunk between now and the end of the Canadian Winter (July) to answer any questions if you insist on asking me about the rally.

Riff Raff & Others Planning on Attending:

• BeemerDons & Stef & Donna
  • Yamafitter
  • Canucklehead Biker & Lucie
  • Huron52 & Pam
  • RossKean

Last edited by a moderator:
Too far for this working stiff! Take lotsa pics, k?
coolsmiley02.gif

--G

Hey Mr. "I'm not the Rally Master"...

Any idea on the room costs with our group discount? I'll make ressies but wanna make sure I'm on top of the el'Canadaian dolla!

-KJ

Hey Mr. "I'm not the Rally Master"...
Any idea on the room costs with our group discount? I'll make ressies but wanna make sure I'm on top of the el'Canadaian dolla!

-KJ
For God's sake KJ, stop poking the grumpy Old Polish Bear with a stick dammit to Hell! NOTE: Code is Canadian FJR Rally, not Yamaha CFR Rally like that drunken Hoser bastard wrote eh! jes' sayin' and nuff said!

Reservation and Hotel Details Guest Name: DON STANLEY Number of Rooms: 1 Room Type: TWO QUEEN BEDS NONSMOKING Rate Type: Canadian Fjr Rally Number of Guests: 2 adult(s) Check-In: Thu 14 Aug 2014 03:00 PM Check-Out: Sun 17 Aug 2014 11:00 AM Rate Description: Canadian Fjr Rally Smoking Preference: Nonsmoking Cancellation Policy: Canceling your reservation after 6:00 PM (local hotel time) on 14 August, 2014, or failing to show, will result in a charge equal to the first night's stay per room to your credit card. Taxes may apply. Failing to call or show before check-out time after the first night of a reservation will result in cancellation of the remainder of your reservation. DEER LAKE

38 Bennett's Avenue

Deer Lake NL A8A 1A9

Front Desk: 1-709-6353232 Room Rate Per Night: Thu 14 Aug 2014 - Sun 17 Aug 2014 $131.00 (CAD)
x.gif
x.gif
x.gif
Tax: $51.09 (CAD)
x.gif
x.gif
Estimated Total Price: $444.09 (CAD)
x.gif
x.gif
View Cancellation Policy and Complete Room & Rate Details
x.gif
x.gif

Planning on attending with my lovely Pam.

@ KJ phone the hotel ask them how much is it? Now depending how you pay the exchange maybe different. Using your American credit card maybe the most expensive way but I am sure somebody will be along to correct me. They will need a credit card number to hold the room after you get there you may be able to pay in cash. But then that's up to them!

Planning on attending with my lovely Pam.

@ KJ phone the hotel ask them how much is it? Now depending how you pay the exchange maybe different. Using your American credit card maybe the most expensive way but I am sure somebody will be along to correct me. They will need a credit card number to hold the room after you get there you may be able to pay in cash. But then that's up to them!
Mi Amigo Tomaso, Miss Donna and Papa Chuy Viejo have already reserved our room for the Canadian FJR Rally: Front Desk: 1-709-635-3232 Room Rate Per Night: Thu 14 Aug 2014 - Sun 17 Aug 2014 $131.00 (CAD)
x.gif
x.gif
x.gif
Tax: $51.09 (CAD)
x.gif
x.gif
Estimated Total Price: $444.09 (CAD)

Tell Pam that Donna is bringing two liter bottles of Herradura Tequila Especial with her, she wants "the lovely Pam" to bring the Margarita Mix ese!

Day%206-39-L.jpg

I am planning to be there for at least one night as part of a Newfoundland excursion. Its too early for exact plans but I expect to see if I can find a suitable camping spot within walking (staggering) distance of rally-central. Since I have already done most of the "Major" rides and destinations in Newfoundland, I was going to spend some time exploring back roads and some coastal communities a bit further off the beaten path. I figured a total of 8-10 days on the island and camping whenever the weather permits. My daughter lives in St. John's so that will be part of the trip.

Tue Aug/12/2014 - Departure 1 stop Total travel time: 9 h 3 m
smAC.gif

• Phoenix
  • PHX 11:10am
  • Terminal 4
  • Toronto
  • YYZ 6:24pm
  • Terminal 1
4 h 14 m

• Air Canada 590
  • Economy/Coach (S)
Layover: 2 h 16 m

smAC.gif

• Toronto
  • YYZ 8:40pm
  • Terminal 1
  • Deer Lake
  • YDF 12:43am +1 day
  • Arrives on Wed Aug/13/2014
2 h 33 m

• Air Canada 682
  • Economy/Coach (S)
Mon Aug/18/2014 - Return 1 stop Total travel time: 9 h 17 m
smAC.gif

• Deer Lake
  • YDF 5:40am
  • Toronto
  • YYZ 7:12am
  • Terminal 1
3 h 2 m

• Air Canada 683
  • Economy/Coach (S)
Layover: 1 h 38 m

smAC.gif

• Toronto
  • YYZ 8:50am
  • Terminal 1
  • Phoenix
  • PHX 10:27am
  • Terminal 4
4 h 37 m

• Air Canada 589
  • Economy/Coach (S)
Donna wanted to know what in the world kind of a place has 12:43AM Arrivals and 5:40AM Departures: Papa Chuy said Mogadishu, Somalia, Burma, Pakistan, Canada and other Third World Countries eh! Her first visit to Canuckistan, eh!

Thanks Tom, Don and Ross.

I will check to see how much of a discount they are giving our group. I'm a IHG (Holiday Inn) club member also, so I will compare it both ways.

Don- I'm sure Donna will fall in love with Can-land and the company we bring forward. Hopefully the black flies will be in hibernation however ;) ...those lil bass-tards suck!

Thanks Tom, Don and Ross.
I will check to see how much of a discount they are giving our group. I'm a IHG (Holiday Inn) club member also, so I will compare it both ways.

Don- I'm sure Donna will fall in love with Can-land and the company we bring forward. Hopefully the black flies will be in hibernation however
wink.png
...those lil bass-tards suck!
Donna is absolutely thrilled about going to Canada, I'm excited about finally going to Newfoundland. I always have a ball and many laughs at CFR, eh!

Donna wanted to know what in the world kind of a place has 12:43AM Arrivals and 5:40AM Departures: Papa Chuy said Mogadishu, Somalia, Burma, Pakistan, Canada and other Third World Countries eh! Her first visit to Canuckistan, eh!
I love that her first trip to Canuckistan will be to Newfoundland. The rest of the country will pale in comparison 😉

I love that her first trip to Canuckistan will be to Newfoundland. The rest of the country will pale in comparison
I agree with you MEM, however Old Michael O'Keeffe still insists you have not experienced Canada until you've vacationed in Friendly Manitoba eh!

One more mention of Manitoba and I'm locking down this thread unless you are bringing the kielbasa. Don't get caught smuggling meat into Canada since the fines are higher than they are for smuggling dope. No guns either. If you shoot a moose they just get pissed off and then will open up a can of whoop-ass on ya. That and the fact that around Deer Lake the moose have the people outnumbered.

Donna wanted to know what in the world kind of a place has 12:43AM Arrivals and 5:40AM Departures: Papa Chuy said ......
Don, you can still make last call at the bar in Deer Lake at 12:43AM on arrival and you will still be drunk at 5:40AM on departure so I'm not sure what the problem is here.

KJ, buy some C$ now as the exchange rate has climbed up to $1.096 in the last few weeks. Don't see that going too far astray of that (higher), so buy now, pay later when it's lower. Of course, Bank of Rayzerman accepts US$ at par.

Don, if you are using Air Canada Rouge..... pack a lunch, pack your ipad pack your walkman/ipod in your carry on with a good battery charge on all. There will be nothing on the flight for free other than maybe a cup of water.

I just flew Air Canada Rouge to Mexico in November and next week flying with them again to Costa Rica. Neither of them did I have a choice. Booking was done by someone else in the party.

Don, if you are using Air Canada Rouge..... pack a lunch, pack your ipad pack your walkman/ipod in your carry on with a good battery charge on all. There will be nothing on the flight for free other than maybe a cup of water.
I just flew Air Canada Rouge to Mexico in November and next week flying with them again to Costa Rica. Neither of them did I have a choice. Booking was done by someone else in the party.
Si Paco, Aerolineas Canadiensen Rojas ese! All four legs of our flight are on Air Canada Rouge, thanks for the advise/warning eh! This is why Papa Chuy Viejo LOVES Lufthansa, eh! jes' sayin' and nuff said!