Integrating Voice Command GPS To A Wing

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

travel_man

Greg Rice
Reaction score
I don't really post anywhere on this forum except the LD section since I do not own a FJR but I thought this might interest some of your rally riders who are tired of spending $800 for a waterproof GPS.

I recently integrated a Garmin Voice Command GPS into my gold wing audio system and put together a webpage with some of the information on how to do it. It works really well and makes a nice improvement over a Zumo or the wings built in navigation.

Here is the link.

https://www.gregrice.com/2012v2/2797/garmin2797.html

I have ridden about 400+ miles so far in rain and no issues with out doing anything other than what you see in the photos. Of course I am on a big as wing with lots of weather protection. I have an extra size baggie with me and if I was to be stopped for long in heavy rain I think I would cover it.

The Ram Mount really covers a lot and then the tape in the right places seem to do the job.

Somebody asked this question on the Gold Wing forum and I thought I would share it here also.

"Pardon me for showing my lack of knowledge. Would a Sena Bluetooth headset integrate with this Garmin unit and accomplish the same thing?"

I wish, this and most Garmin car GPS's do not Bluetooth to a Bluetooth headset. Only the motorcycle GPS's connect a Bluetooth headset. The Nuvi line only connect to a cell phone. I think Garmin does that on purpose so we do not use the car line of GPS's and have to buy the expensive motorcycle line GPS. I have updated the webpage to list the Garmin GPS's that will work with a Bluetooth headset. I got the list directly from Garmin.