Afternoon Ride SAT 2/8; Goldfield Chevron in AJ at Noon!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gramps

Reaction score
Another one from Papa Chuy:

Afternoon Ride on Saturday, February 8; Goldfield Chevron in AJ at Noon - Kickstands Up. We are riding with my Minnesota FJR Friend Marc "Gramps" and his H-D Buddy from here in Mesa.

We'll be doing the Superior-Winkelman-Globe loop with La Comida at "our" Mexican Restaurant. https://www.motorcycleroads.com/75/10/Ar ... angle.html

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_R ... izona.html

Meet at Goldfield Rd, just south of US 60, Chevron station. Kickstands up at High Noon. We will be back in Chandler/Phoenix by Sunset. If anyone has any questions, contact Don Stanley at either [email protected] or 480-440-4666.

Directions from Glendale or North Phoenix: Take Loop 101 around to the East & then south to Loop 202. Take 202 east, the Red Mountain Freeway, all the way to the US 60, The Superstition Freeway. Take 60 east for about 8 miles towards the Superstition Mountains and exit at Goldfield Road (exit is after Idaho & Tomahawk). Chevron is on the SE corner of 60 & Goldfield.

Marc, your riding with a real shady character. If you see a pile of gold nuggets on the ground just back away slowly and point to a Burro nearby. That will be enough to distract Don so you can get away safely. JS&NS

Last edited by a moderator:
Marc, your riding with a real shady character. If you see a pile of gold nuggets on the ground just back away slowly and point to a Burro nearby. That will be enough to distract Don so you can get away safely. JS&NS
lol.gif

I might need your help...I think you should come down & show me the ropes.

lol.gif

Really Gramps?

Hmmm, I thought this was a mcy ride.

lol.gif

Really Gramps?

Easy their Wheatie Buscuit

Gramps, I wish I could be there. Have fun and I hope you don't miss that mild Minnesota winter you are having while catching rays in AZ.

lol.gif

Really Gramps?

Jealous?
tongue.png
Yes I am.

I'd love to go mcy riding in the sunny southwest right about now.

Dress Warmly Southwest FJR Forum, it is only going to be 61F on Saturday, February 8. Marc "Gramps" must be bringing that Midwest weather with him, was up to 76F all this week!

Outstanding ride with Fantastic People: Gramps - Marc (riding a Girlie-Man Kawasaki C14), bbolesaz - Brian, K16 Roger, C4 Tim, Hal K., azgsgirl - Jo, Miss Donna and Papa Chuy Viejo. BMW K1600GT of BeemerDonS:

DSCF0858.jpg

Tim on the left and Brian's incredibly beautiful 1964 BMW R60/2 on the right, this Classic Beemer always draws admirers!

DSCF0859.jpg

DSCF0860.jpg

DSCF0862.jpg

DSCF0863.jpg

DSCF0870.jpg

DSCF0866.jpg

DSCF0865.jpg

DSCF0864.jpg

DSCF0867.jpg

Had an absolutely great ride this afternoon.
7 bikes. (3) K1600's, a Connie, F650, R-ST and a R60/2. So, how come the R60/2 was on point almost all ride?
Guess no one else is stupid enough to be the performance award sucker. No, it didn't happen. I think I could talk my way out of it, if I had to. "Really officer, this 50 year old bike was going that fast?"
I'm still really impressed with how well the R60 handles and how good it can run on 30 HP.

Yep that thing was moving good. I was a little surprised to be honest. Did a great job on the resto. Great ride today. Nice to meet some new faces. I got behind a group of HOGs on 60 and the guy at the back would rap those open pipes at every overpass. :-\ He couldn't hold a steady throttle either. Kept bumping the throttle every couple seconds. Geez, took the first chance I could to get around. Lots of Renn Fest traffic.

It was nice to see everyone on the ride today! I still don't like that kind of food, but it was more important to me to be with riding buddies. Great conversation, and fun to hang out.
Thanks, Don, for planning this ride!!
- Jo

We AZ Beemers and Southwest FJR Forum Riders love the food at La Casita Cafe, you should have seen Jo S. dive into her bowl of spicy green chile!

DSCF0877.jpg

DSCF0871.jpg

DSCF0872.jpg

DSCF0873.jpg

DSCF0874.jpg

DSCF0875.jpg

DSCF0876.jpg

DSCF0878.jpg

DSCF0880.jpg

DSCF0879.jpg