Bridgestone T30 GT Tire Review

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ULEWZ

Reaction score
I did a search and did not find a tire review for the Bridgestone T30 GT tires so here goes:

I spooned them on this morning and did about 44 miles on them today. I only took them to within 3/8 inch from the edge due to the tires being new, but still far enough for an initial review.

The highway manner is a little rough, which I attribute to the stiff carcass of the GTs.

Now for the twisties. The turn in is slower than I like, and not as confidence inspiring as the Micheline PR2s, but I figure these tires will handle better as they wear in. The handling is very neutral with good lean angle sustain. I was running 38/42 with no bags on.

I do not hate these tires, but I do not love them YET. Time will tell.

The things I really need to know is if these tires will cup like all other Bridgstones do or if they will last to at least 5,000 miles like I get out of the Michelins.

More to come. Please add your comments to these tires if you have them.

Oh, the price is why I tried these tires, saving about $50 on the Michelins.

Last edited by a moderator:
Interested in feedback on the T30GT's. Put on my last set of 023GT's today...these will last me the summer.

Ordering up a set of T30GT's in a few weeks to have them on stand-by at the ready!

--G

Interested in feedback on the T30GT's. Put on my last set of 023GT's today...these will last me the summer.
--G
This means two things. George you need to ride that FJR more! Second I suspect we will be able to get 023GT at a terrific price! I won't order the new tires until the jury other forum members weight in. After that is what NEPRT is for.

Tested the tires on medium and high speed sweepers today. I must say, I am starting to like these tires. Still has a slow turn in, but it did not slow me down one bit and was very confidence inspiring on the high speed sweepers. Love the neutral feeling.

The BT-23GTs have a very neutral feeling as well...so maybe it is a typical Bridgestone profile. That feeling seems to stay consistent through it's life as well on the-23s...so maybe this is how the T30s will be.

I love the quick turn in of the Michelin PR2s when new...but that warm fuzzy feeling doesn't last long enough on the fronts. That's why I'm interested in Bridgestones...and how well they do.

The BT-23GTs have a very neutral feeling as well...so maybe it is a typical Bridgestone profile. That feeling seems to stay consistent through it's life as well on the-23s...so maybe this is how the T30s will be.
I love the quick turn in of the Michelin PR2s when new...but that warm fuzzy feeling doesn't last long enough on the fronts. That's why I'm interested in Bridgestones...and how well they do.
Escapefjrtist turned me on the the Bridgestones. I like them as they have a more supple feeling overall - very nice. The front tire lasted about 7500 miles or so about the same as the PR2. The rear last about 7500 miles as well about 3k less than the PR2. I prefer the 023GTs to the PR2 - mileage is not my primary concern.

My thoughts exactly Mark. 023GTs have consistent performance until the very end-of-life. Hoping the T30GTs will carry on with improvements with the same feel and life. I've always loved the PR2's for the first 4K miles then...ugh for the next 6K.

YMMV

--G

I also have a set of 030's in reserve. Probably won't go on til next Fall as the 023 GT's on now are almost new!
rolleyes.gif

Looking forward to hearing more......

Just looked at T30-GT on Bike Bandit, the GT is the same price as T30 BUT BUT GT is tube type, Guess they supply the same

tire for both but increase the load rating, etc. by adding a tube???? just a guess, anyone know wtf gives ?????

I find it odd that the GT is a tube type..... however, no info on Bridgestone's site at all. Saw a press release that says the 'T' designation is for Touring and hard to say what the compound differences are with the 023. I'd be concerned with wet grip..... doesn't look like my cup of tea. Tread pattern looks good for less cupping though.

You'll just have to try them and let us know.

I think the T30 & T30-GT are the SAME tire therefore they are tubeless. BUT BUT to get the GT rating you need tubes.

so I guess GT means Get Tubes, yuk yuk yuk

No tubes!!! They do make a version for dual sport bikes, so I think that is what you are talking about, but not for our bikes.

"GT Spec tires provide improved handling and stability for heavier, sport touring bikes and feature a slightly modified tread pattern on front and stiffer construction on rear"

"Dry handling is significantly improved over the BT023", this is what I am talking about. I don't ride in the rain if I can help it.

WTF, please go to Bike Bandit & check it out. You think I am making this shit up ??????? For the T30-GT four our wonderful FJR1300 sport touring

they say it is a TUBE TYPE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I would be willing to bet a weeks wages(a whole $2.32) that the T30 & T30-GT tires are IDENTICAL.

Have any of you LOOKED at the info ?????????????????????

Backi in November/December there was another dealer listing them as Tube Type. Somewhere on the Bridgestone site I learned they are definitely tubeless, front and rear including the GT spec tires. Wrote to the dealer asking them to clarify their listing and they replied that listing the tire as a tube type was a mistake and the listing would be corrected. It could have been Bike Bandit but I don't remember and have never gone back to check as I have never been able to find many reviews of the tire by riders. One good review by a British rider, tested in the rain and he was happy with them.