Celebration of Life Ride - Sunday, June 15 - Big Sur River Inn

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tyler

Miss Demeanor
FJR Supporter
Reaction score
Date/Time:

Sunday, June 15, 2014

Meet @ 10am (or earlier if you like), KSU @ 10:30am

Meeting Place: Surf City Coffee

Route: Surf City Coffee -> Big Sur River Inn via Hwy 1

To remember those who have left us too soon.

To cherish those who are still here and enjoy some time with them.

To honor and support those who are fighting the good fight.

To reconnect with our community.

Come on 2-wheels, 3-wheels, or 4-wheels... everyone is welcome however they can get there.

For one day, one ride - put aside any differences or squabbles or petty internet cat fights and just ride and celebrate life and those we hold dear.

This is more of an organized RTE (Ride To Eat) rather than an organized ride. Choose your route to get there and get back home. Ride with whomever you choose. But spend some time visiting with friends at the locations.

We will have lunch at the Big Sur River Inn or you can choose to bring a picnic lunch and sit out back on the lawn. If you want to eat at the restaurant, please let me know so I can give the restaurant a headcount.

Please feel free to pass this on to friends who may not frequent the forum as much anymore as it would be wonderful to see them as well.

I will post this on Facebook too.

cool.png
bike.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Checking dates for Laurie and I, very excited!

Last time one of these happened, we stayed and explored the area for a week! Never get enough of Big Sur!

You're so Very Wonderful Miss Ty, I joined this on Facebook. Since this is right between SW-FOG and FJR Riders Rendezvous, I'll probably fly into San Francisco and rent a bike, if Donna can attend we may just rent a car so we can visit her Brothers in East Bay and her High School Friend up in Bella Vista.

Last edited by a moderator:
930-richard1-albums133-junk-picture7287-bump-hippo-1.jpg

David Eagle (who I met through this forum although not in person... yet!), has scheduled his own Celebration of Life Ride in Australia. For those that may not know my story or how this ride started, David wrote a lovely blog post here. It touched my heart that he decided to do this ride to coincide with mine and I will be there in spirit and vice versa.
smile.png

So I thought I'd throw out an invitation to all my FJR friends to have their own Celebration of Life ride wherever you may be on the same day if you can't be in Big Sur. B)

Tyler - Since I'd be coming from the south, it would make sense to meet y'all at the Inn. What time should I plan on opening my lunchbox?

(Fingers crossed that the stars align.)

Bret Gross

I'll be jetting down from Santa Clara around 8am or so to get to Moss Landing early and enjoy the morning, some coffee, and chit chat with whatever other early birds are there. Look forward to seeing some of your smiling faces! B)

Tyler - Since I'd be coming from the south, it would make sense to meet y'all at the Inn. What time should I plan on opening my lunchbox? (Fingers crossed that the stars align.) Bret Gross
Bret, so glad the stars aligned and we got to meet in the flesh (so to speak... ;) ). Hope you had a great ride home and look forward to seeing you again sometime soon! B)

Tyler - Since I'd be coming from the south, it would make sense to meet y'all at the Inn. What time should I plan on opening my lunchbox? (Fingers crossed that the stars align.) Bret Gross
Bret, so glad the stars aligned and we got to meet in the flesh (so to speak... ;) ). Hope you had a great ride home and look forward to seeing you again sometime soon! B)
Thanks, Tyler. The pleasure was all mine (so to speak).

The ride home was beautiful. Pretty windy until I cut inland around Buelton, and the coastal marine layer retreated around Pismo Beach for a gloriously sunny ride. Then, Merciful Helious rode over the horizon so I could "enjoy" the L.A. Area my favorite way: in darkness.

I'll save the rest of the details for the RR, and finishe by thanking you for planning this RTE and for the opportunity to meet fellow riders from South Bay (and Visalia - Jeremy & Tiffany). Great variety of bikes, nice folks - and a beautiful location.

Until we meet again...

B.