Moncton, New Brunswick Motorcycle Show

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do you know AcadianRider on the ST.Net Forum? I believe he's from Moncton...

Damn good rider...even if he rides a Hondadadadada...

Saturday ? Too many tire kickers (not me 😉)

I'm picking Mark up at 1030h on Friday 😊

Last edited by a moderator:
Need lots of pictures!

Do you know AcadianRider on the ST.Net Forum? I believe he's from Moncton...Damn good rider...even if he rides a Hondadadadada...
Mark you have to keep up with the times...... Last bike I know he had was a BMW.. Sold the St1300 a long time ago!

Need lots of pictures!
Do you know AcadianRider on the ST.Net Forum? I believe he's from Moncton...Damn good rider...even if he rides a Hondadadadada...
Mark you have to keep up with the times...... Last bike I know he had was a BMW.. Sold the St1300 a long time ago!
Haven't seen him since 2006...still a great rider...even if he rides the Roundel.

"AcadianRider"

Yep, we've met up a few times. I'll have to tell you about a little ride out to McAdam some day. It appears that an FJR likes the corners better than an ST.

Canadian FJR

"AcadianRider" Yep, we've met up a few times. I'll have to tell you about a little ride out to McAdam some day. It appears that an FJR likes the corners better than an ST. Canadian FJR
Wow.

There are only 4 corners in 50 miles ..... ;)

My original plan was to go to Moncton Friday morning to avoid the weekend crowds as I have in previous years. Unfortunately, the weather is looking like it may not cooperate. Forecast is calling for a foot or so of snow in the Fredericton region overnight Thursday into Friday with wind. The really high amounts of snow will be in a fairly narrow band so we might miss the worst of it if the projected storm track changes. Probably won't decide when (or if) I will get there until later in the week.

I managed to get to the show for a couple of hours on Friday. Not too bad overall - nice to sit on some new bikes and make vroom-vroom noises. I find that the exhibit has been shrinking in recent years and was a bit disappointed in the total absence of major manufacturers such as Suzuki and Kawasaki. Would also have liked to see the new Indian.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes most shows are declining in recent years..... so did you guys ask the Yamaha guys any technical questions about the 14's?

Yes most shows are declining in recent years..... so did you guys ask the Yamaha guys any technical questions about the 14's?
I spoke to a couple of the Yamaha guys that were there. As far as the '14's go, I think it is safe to say that I knew more about them than the people manning the booth! One of them mentioned that the purpose of the new ES suspension was so you could vary the ride height! I didn't discuss it any further... (Not to say that there weren't people there who knew better, but I wasn't impressed)