2 Wheeled Therapy

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

luvtoride

My Indian name is "Pants On Fire"
Reaction score
Are any other of the VA regulars or non-regulars ready to ride???? I myself, have some serious cabin fever & I'd certainly like to think about a trip that I have planned. So, how about it? I'd like to propose St. Patrick's weekend... March 14th, 15th & go home on the 16th?

Definitely open to ideas from other folk... but I have serious PMS... (parked motorcycle syndrome).

Anyone game???

Edited to add: we've decided on the weekend mentioned (March 14, 15... go home on 16th). Staying @ Old Clark Inn in Marlinton, WV

Last edited by a moderator:
If you should decide to venture far enough north and west to

overnight someplace like Staunton, VA I'd be real interested.

It's just that making it much further south than 64 makes for

a really long day/ride for me. That way I'm not forced onto

interstates to make time.

Hope this works out.

Robert, I'd probably consider WV... I love WV... miss some friends there, too. WV would work for you, wouldn't it? Around Old Clark way? Overnighting in Staunton will probably never happen for me... but who knows.

I definitely need to do something about this PMS soon. I surely wouldn't mind taking off somewhere earlier than that, either. I've been out riding in the mountains earlier in the year than this many, many times... but it's definitely a pick & choose weekends situation.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="luvtoride" data-cid="1124403" data-time="1391789010"><p>

Robert, I'd probably consider WV... I love WV... miss some friends there, too. WV would work for you, wouldn't it? Around Old Clark way? Overnighting in Staunton will probably never happen for me... but who knows.</p></blockquote>

Old Clark & Marlinton would work well for me.

Why not Staunton? Could do a loop of 250, 28, 39 & BRP on Saturday.

Of course that works out of Marlinton also. Lots of great roads to choose.

The first sticker on my FJR was. "For some there is therapy, for the rest of us there is motorcycles"

Why not Staunton? Could do a loop of 250, 28, 39 & BRP on Saturday.Of course that works out of Marlinton also. Lots of great roads to choose.
Staunton is way too close to home I guess & is a very direct route up I-64. Not much else reason not to just get onto 64 because even the back roads are boring & flat. I don't think that I'll ever end up staying there while on the bike... but stranger things have happened, I suppose. I took a friend riding awhile back & we stayed in Waynesboro as our home base. That's even closer to home.

creg-ny... we have a group that rides together quite a bit. Very fun group. You'd be very welcome to join.

RoadRunner... good one!

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="luvtoride" data-cid="1124456" data-time="1391804760"><p>

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="SLK50" data-cid="1124416" data-time="1391792332"><p>Why not Staunton? Could do a loop of 250, 28, 39 & BRP on Saturday.<br />

Of course that works out of Marlinton also. Lots of great roads to choose.</p></blockquote>

Staunton is way too close to home I guess & is a very direct route up I-64. Not much else reason not to just get onto 64 because even the back roads are boring & flat. I don't think that I'll ever end up staying there while on the bike... but stranger things have happened, I suppose. I took a friend riding awhile back & we stayed in Waynesboro as our home base. That's even closer to home.<br />

OK, fair enough. I'm just glad it wasn't for some dislike of Staunton as it's

one of my favorite places.

Lots of places in WV to base operations.

Yeah - I can be anywhere in WV along US119, US19, US219 or US220 in an easy day's ride... WV is good riding!

I am game. I was thinking about riding a few minutes ago when I arrived home. I pull in behind my bike and view the virgin rubber on the back of the bike. Finished up the forks last weekend. Weather is supposed to be crappy this weekend, so I may do a valve clearance check tomorrow. If I can't ride it I may as well have my hands on it somehow!

Robert - I would love to go back to that restaurant we ate at in Staunton again. I have never explored Staunton probably for the same reason Heidi mentioned. What should we see?

I am game. I was thinking about riding a few minutes ago when I arrived home. I pull in behind my bike and view the virgin rubber on the back of the bike. Finished up the forks last weekend. Weather is supposed to be crappy this weekend, so I may do a valve clearance check tomorrow. If I can't ride it I may as well have my hands on it somehow!
Robert - I would love to go back to that restaurant we ate at in Staunton again. I have never explored Staunton probably for the same reason Heidi mentioned. What should we see?
Wow, where do I begin? Of course most of my faves have to do with food: The Depot Grill ( where we had lunch ), The Mil Street Grill, Baja Bean Co. ( Mexican )

Kathy's ( for breakfast ), The Split Banana ( amazing hand-made deserts ), Wright's Dairy Rite ( for burgers ).

How about Coffee On The Corner with the secret private beer garden out back?

Across the street from The Depot Grill is a great antiques store and down the block is a neat car museum.

Lot's to see but I mostly enjoy just walking around town, especially after dinner.

Yes, please! Crazier than usual, on the couch with back issues.

Got the work on half of my back done yesterday, time will tell.

A bunch of stuff waiting to go on my bike.

A suggestion from Jay... A cabin @ Watoga. Since Watoga is 9 miles from Marlinton, I assume it'd be good for you, Robert.