SFO 2014 - May 29th thru June 1st at The Hub

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FJRBandit

Reaction score
***** EDITED 2/19/14******

SFO has been set - May 29th thru June 1st at The Hub

Make your reservations now by calling Debbie at 870-743-4062. See pertinent info in other posts below.

Alright, it's mid-February and we don't have anything scheduled yet. So with Mike having bowed out and no one else stepping up to get 'r dun, I took the bull by the horns and called Debbie today to inquire on availability of The Hub to accommodate us again this year. After she laughed and said, "Not you guys again!", she finally relinquished and said that they could endure us another year. Actually, she said they would be thrilled to host us again. As most of you know, she and Randall are just that kind of people, they can even put up with us!

My call was primarily to inquire on available dates. I've listed the dates that they have available in May and early June in the poll above. Please vote for your favorite date and comment in the thread on whether there is a weekend you just simply can't make it. She said that the first weekend in May is booked, as is May 15th thru the 18th. But of the dates I have listed she said can accommodate 15-20 rooms for us. I didn't get into the specifics with her about the nightly rate for doubles, triples, Kings etc... I am going to assume that we'll get similar pricing to what we've had the previous couple of years, which from memory was around $65 per night for a double. There is also primitive camping available for those that are interested.

If there are enough of us that sign up I'm sure we could get the separate dinning room again one of the nights. Not that we have to have that but we could have a repeat of last year's inaugural SFO pool tournament, where I have to admit, the Texans dominated.

We need to let Debbie know pretty soon so that we can lock down the weekend that we prefer. So if everyone could, please make your selection on the poll and comment in the thread if there is a particular weekend that is simply out for you. Once we get an idea of the number of attendees I'll call Debbie and lock it down for us.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think I can make it the first or last weekend choices and I am already committed to SW-FOG for the 29th - 1st but I am so happy to see you have taken the bull by the horns. SFO has been on my radar for a long time.

Hmmm? Maybe if SFO is June 5th - 8th I could take a detour on the way home and have a double SW-FOG / SFO trip.
no.gif
no.gif
no.gif
no.gif

At this point in time, my calendar is open! Had to cancel last year, but am looking forward to meeting some fellow FJR riders!
bike.gif

PROMO TIME! (I just stole some info from Mike's SFO Official Rally post from last year. ---- It's no different this year)

The Place --

The HUB in Marble Falls, AR. The Hub is a good place right smack in the middle of great roads in Arkansas Ozarks. The owners of The Hub are motorcyclists and the place is designed for motorcycle rallys. If you want more info on The Hub you can find it here https://hubinfo.com/

The Rally --

I think this has been established but just so everyone knows, this ain't no Beemer rally with vendors lined up to show you all their new cool shit. So don't roll in expecting to be lavished with a bunch of free stuff and people rolling out the red carpet for ya. There ain't no rally towels or goodie bags, tee shirts or none of that stuff... SFO is the most laid back, unstructured FJR Rally ever, and we pride ourselves on that. There are no official activities, no raffles, no banquet, and for those that this matters to - no Rally Fee. We simply get together, ride informally, and eat when we want, where we want.

The Diggs --

Last year's room rates were $60 for a room with two queen beds, $60 for a King room, and $60 for a room with one queen bed. They also have two rooms with three queen beds if you really want to party - those rooms were $75 each. I'll firm up this years prices with Debbie when I call to give her our dates, but I suspect it will be very similar. I will post all of the pertinent info for making your reservations as soon as we get the date nailed down.

Camping available $10 night with nearby bath house. I believe there are hookups available...check their web page for more info on that.

The Eats --

The Hub has a restaurant on the premises with great prime rib every evening and they other good menu items at reasonable prices. They also have a breakfast buffet every morning, last year it was $8. Dinner is at your leisure in their restaurant from the menu and you pay your own check - unless you can con someone else into picking up your tab.

If you prefer, The Ozark Cafe (I highly recommended you at least stop in to check it out) is just a nice little 10 minute ride down Highway 7 in Jasper, AR. There you can get a great made-to-order breakfast there. They serve lunch and dinner as well.

The Spirits --

Although The Hub does not sell al-ke-hall, there are a couple of package stores only a mile or so from The Hub. It's a simple beer run and they have spirits there as well. What else were side cases and top boxes made for, right?? It might be a good idea to pack a collapsible cooler.

And saving the best for last - The Riding -

It's the Ozarks, It's all great riding! But if you want planned routes there are several routes posted in threads from prior SFO's. Basically, for those that don't know, you pretty much can't make a wrong turn in the Ozarks. Hopefully OldGlory will be joining us. He's local and knows all the roads and will be more than happy to lead a ride or two.

Lastly, there are a bunch of great guys that attend SFO every year. That, coupled with the awesome riding, is the reason we get together. So I encourage you to make every effort to be there it if you can.

Sounds like a really great time fellas. Some year I will wander on down to it.

Not sure if I can actually make it, but I'd like to. Never been to the Ozarks. The only weekend that I could attend is the last one, June 5-8th.

Bandit, thanks for taking the lead on this!

Hey Turk,

I am so glad that you are taking on SFO '14. That last week in early June might be awfully hot, but for now, I think I am available for any of the dates. I will be there, because without a doubt SFO is the most laid-back and the most fun of all the rallies. No snobs, no clicks and I promise you that even if you do not know a soul you will have no problem finding groups to ride with and you will have a great time! This will be my sixth SFO, and everyone of the previous rallies has been awesome ( rain and all). Just show up and you will see what I am talking about.

Gary Green
smile.png
smile.png
smile.png
smile.png

Thanks for getting the ball rolling Turk. Can't believe those weekends in May are already sold out at the Hub. I would vote for the early May weekend if it wasn't Mothers day weekend. Guess I'll vote for the next best, the last weekend in May. The later we go the hotter it will be. I'm with Gary on that last pick on the list. Might be pushing it.

GP

Ok guys, we're set. We're going with the same weekend we had last year, which is the last weekend of May.

I just hung up with Debbie and we have 15 rooms blocked for May29th thru June 1st. The room rate is $60 plus tax = $66 per night.

Please call Debbie at 870-743-4062 to make your reservation as soon as possible. She is going to hold the 15 rooms for us thru May 1st. If the demand looks like it will exceed 15 rooms she'll add more for us as long as they're still available. Be certain to mention that you will be with the FJR group in order to get the quoted rate.

Once you make a reservation how about posting up here so we can get an idea of who is coming. Also, we can use this thread as a room share thread. So post the type room you reserve and whether you are looking for a roomie or not.

I made a reservation for a double and LA2wheeler and I are sharing a room.

So I'll get the list started.

1. FJRBandit - 08AE - double (rooming with LA2Wheeler)

2. LA2Wheeler - 06A - rooming with FJRBandit

The Hub's website indicates they are located at Marble Falls, AR, not Marvel, AR. Just wanted others to know where this is located so they can properly map it.

I hope to make this...I'm 80% sure. Not too sure if I'll be single or have my bride with me!

Good catch Allen! Thanks! I'll edit the original post to reflect Marble Falls. Hope you and your wife can make it dude!

Ah bummer, already signed up for SW-FOG that same week end. Would have liked to make both events....
coolsmiley02.gif
Same thing here. I'm planning on a NAFO / EOM ride in September and a SW-FOG / SFO combined ride in the same year might of been a pipe dream financially.

I love riding Arkansas but I have never been to New Mexico or met most of the forum members from the Southwest so I guess its SW-FOG for me this year.

yes - I will be there too.

The Hub is in Marble Falls which is about 15 miles south of Harrison, Ar and seven miles north of Jasper Ar on HW 7.

For you folks that have never been to this neck o' the woods the Ozarks are THE place to ride in the midwest region.

And I highly recommend the Low Gap cafe which is on HW 7 about five miles west of Jasper. Gourmet menu at local prices. The Ozark Cafe in Jasper is great too.

Since I live 30 miles north of The Hub I will be glad to show you the best local roads..

Sorry you can't make it Petey. Everyone that is going, be sure to call Deb and reserve a room.

GP

Allen_C said:
Ah bummer, already signed up for SW-FOG that same week end. Would have liked to make both events.... :coolsmiley02:
Same thing here. I'm planning on a NAFO / EOM ride in September and a SW-FOG / SFO combined ride in the same year might of been a pipe dream financially. I love riding Arkansas but I have never been to New Mexico or met most of the forum members from the Southwest so I guess its SW-FOG for me this year.
Same her, except not doing SW-FOG. Hopefully I'll see you at the others!
Ah bummer, already signed up for SW-FOG that same week end. Would have liked to make both events.... :coolsmiley02:
Same thing here. I'm planning on a NAFO / EOM ride in September and a SW-FOG / SFO combined ride in the same year might of been a pipe dream financially. I love riding Arkansas but I have never been to New Mexico or met most of the forum members from the Southwest so I guess its SW-FOG for me this year.
Same here, except not doing SW-FOG. Hopefully I'll see you at the others!

Glad to see it continue and holding on to the spirit of its origins. Best of luck everyone for a fun time.

Also glad to see it's no longer happening at the same time as the BB&Q rally (September) so that you don't have to share the roads with as many pirates.

Latest posts