Looking to rent or borrow a purpose built trailer

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wantucce

Reaction score
I am looking for a purpose built motorcycle trailer that I could rent or borrow for a trip in May of this year (2014). Have rented a trailer that gets the job done for two FJRs but it is too big and costs a bundle to tow behind my truck. Most places that I have looked at for rentals either have a trailer that works but is heavy or they do not have purpose built motorcycle trailers.

Let me know if you have one and if so, if you would be willing to rent it to me. I usually pay $100 a week for the trailer that I do rent, so that is around the figure that I am looking at.

Also, if you know of a dealer in the area that rents them, please let me know as well.

So you would be looking in the Ill Chi area?

Edit: PieMan covered it while I was typing -- reward from NERDS

Pi-pie9-1024x993.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
How far do you want to travel to pick up / drop off? I have a 6 x 12 open trailer set up with wheel chocks and tie down points for two bikes - but I might be a little out of the way for pickup.

I am looking for a purpose built motorcycle trailer that I could rent or borrow for a trip in May of this year (2014). Have rented a trailer that gets the job done for two FJRs but it is too big and costs a bundle to tow behind my truck. Most places that I have looked at for rentals either have a trailer that works but is heavy or they do not have purpose built motorcycle trailers. Let me know if you have one and if so, if you would be willing to rent it to me. I usually pay $100 a week for the trailer that I do rent, so that is around the figure that I am looking at.

Also, if you know of a dealer in the area that rents them, please let me know as well.

Niehart: Yes, Sugar Grove, IL

IonBeam: I don't get the joke

extrememarine: That is what I have been renting locally and can still get it locally. Yes it is a little bit out of the way as I live west of Chicago. I very much appreciate the offer though and need to get some riding in your neck of the woods. Thanks again.

OK, just reread and got the pie joke. Now I want a piece of pie. Damn!

Latest posts