Manchester Madness 2014 - May 3/4

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tyler

Miss Demeanor
FJR Supporter
Reaction score
This will be a 2-day romp up to Manchester (routes to come later) and staying overnight at the KOA:

https://www.manchesterbeachkoa.com/home/Accommodations.aspx

Make your reservations ASAP as they tend to fill up quickly... mention you're with Dangerous Curves so they can keep an accurate headcount. FYI, bring your own linens or a sleeping bag and towel. There is a variety of accommodations to suit everyone's tastes

They will also provide us with dinner and breakfast as they did last year. Cost will be $18/person for both meals and you can pay for that when you arrive.

Hope to see some of your smiling faces! B)

Booked cabin.

I probably won't be riding with you guys (much) as I will be coming in from the north.

Greg

Booked cabin.
I probably won't be riding with you guys (much) as I will be coming in from the north.

Greg
Depending on our route, we can maybe figure a place that you could meet us a little south of Manchester and ride a bit with the group if you're so inclined.
cool.png
For you Miss Tyler, I can be inclined! Let me know what route you guys are gonna take. A quick glance of Google Maps shows many tasty looking roads.

I'll be working on meetup up points and routes this week but also need a headcount for meals at the KOA. So far, this is the list of folks that I think are coming so please let me know if there are any inconsistencies so I have an accurate headcount for dinner. Just an fyi, since some folks have asked, dinner on Saturday night will be pasta (choice of meat or vegetarian sauce), garlic bread, & salad - breakfast will be pancakes and sausage + juice/coffee. Cost is $18/person for both meals and you should pay when you arrive and check in for your kabin or tent space. Thanks!

Susan G.
Cara / Scott
Geoff / Dorothy
Audrey / Clint
Kendall
Heather (flashwings)
Heather (mbalmer) + Richard??
Laura / Henry
Tejas +1
Curt (mnb)

Gregory
Eddie
Tony
Mike R. + 1
Marc
Susan / Scott W.
Leslie / Bob
Tracy
Sunny / Phil
Kharon / Holly
Holly B.
Jeremy
EricB

Gregory - hope you can scoot down to Marin and meet us there for lunch and then ride with us up to Manchester.
smile.png

PLEASE READ THIS ENTIRE MESSAGE!!

Please find following some notes, itinerary, and proposed routes for the Manchester weekend. Routes may change due to weather or timing. You are welcome to join in at any point or do your own thing as well and just meet us in Manchester. My cell number is 408.396.5130 if anyone needs to reach me along the way. Please know your own limits, be true to yourself, ride your own ride, be safe, and ENJOY! J

· Please have your ICE (In Case of Emergency) info with you and let someone know where it is. If we know it, we won’t need it! J

· If you are a newer rider (less than a minimum of 5K miles in the twisties), I would not recommend the Saturday route as there will be some fairly technical and goaty (one lane, bumpy, and maybe a rogue cow in the road) roads. I can recommend an optional route for whoever is interested.

· Pack layers – the coast can be cool and extremely windy so be prepared. Evenings in Manchester are also cold so bring some warm clothes (i.e. hat, gloves, etc.) to sit around the campfire and tell stories! J

· Please let me know if you have a range-limited bike (i.e. less than 120 miles to a tank of gas)

· This KOA is a really nice facility and they have lots of amenities including a pool and hot tub that will be open so bring your swim togs if you feel so inclined.

· REMEMBER: The KOA does not provide linens so bring a sleeping bag.

· There will more than likely be several smaller groups and lots of paces to choose from but rule number one is to ALWAYS adhere to your own pace and don’t get in over your head. Please take some time to familiarize yourself with the route.

· Please wait for the rider behind you at turns so no one misses one and gets lost. I always like to end with same number of riders I start out with!

· We will have a picnic lunch on Saturday so either pack your own or you can purchase something at the lunch stop.

· If you choose to leave the group you start out with, please let someone know so we don’t run around helter skelter looking for you.

· There is a grocery store on the left as you enter Manchester so you can stop for adult libations, snacks, etc. The KOA is about a half-mile after the store.

· When you check in, please pay for your meals - $18/person for dinner and breakfast.

PROPOSED SATURDAY ROUTE: https://goo.gl/maps/mg20g
(approximately 125 miles from Marin)
11:30 am (approx.) – Marin French Cheese (sandwich & picnic - https://www.marinfrenchcheese.com/ )
12:30 pm (approx.) – KSU
04:30 pm (approx.) - Gas in Gualala (two gas stations there)
05:30 pm (approx.) – Stop off for any needed supplies in the store in Manchester before arriving at the KOA
(44300 Kinney Rd., Manchester CA 95459)
07:00 pm (approx.) – dinner (catered onsite)

PROPOSED SUNDAY ROUTE: https://tinyurl.com/l7uhywm
(138 miles to Suisun)
07:30 am – breakfast (catered onsite)
09:00 am – KSU
10:30 am – Boonville – gas @ Redwood Drive-In, pickup sammiches for picnic
11:30 am – KSU (regroup at the fairgrounds)
12:00 pm – lunch at Hamburger Ranch in Cloverdale (https://www.hamburgerranchandbbq.com/)
01:30 pm – KSU
06:00 pm (approx.) – arrive home (depending on where home is for you!)

Last edited by a moderator:
Tyler

I've been feeling a little mad lately. Do ya mind if I come and spread some of this madness in Manchester with you this weekend?

Brodie

weirdsmiley.gif

Edit...

Booked and ready to ride, see ya tomorrow.

Last edited by a moderator: