FAR Adventure

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MojoGuzzi

Reaction score
All I can say is...wow. just. Wow.

In lieu of a long write-up feel free to follow my pics:

www.flickr.com/photos/mojohand/sets/72157641454471383/

The short story is I flew to Huntsville, where the amazing dealership D&H Cycle picked me up and drove me south 40 minutes to Cullman. There I saw my machine for the first time (I'd done the transaction over the phone and by mail).
12689642324_997136df05_c.jpg

After an extensive orientation, I headed up to Lookout Mountain to stay with my brother Ray. Because of the late start, I rode most of the way in the dark. Note to new riders--get to know the left-hand switch gear well before you ride in the dark
wink.png

Route from Cullman
12929955573_cbc2dd2a9a_z.jpg

On Saturday, we picked up my other brother Jack as well as our pal Dave and rode to Riders Hill in Dahlonega, so Ray could get a tire and I could put miles on the bike. Needless to say, riding from anywhere to Dahlonega is a motorcyclist's [insert adjective] dream

Route to Dahlonega & back
12930250124_66f2f48265_c.jpg

Wow. Just. Wow.

On Sunday I rode around Chattanooga a bit, eating lunch with a friend and then just riding around. I wandered up Racoon Mountain and took panoramic pictures. I also headed back to Lookout, stopping at favorite Civil War places from my childhood (having grown up on Lookout).
12745032613_a6c31f070d_c.jpg

Monday I rode the long way back to Cullman. I took the long way back, south on Lookout Mountain, then stopping at Little River Falls. I ended up putting exactly 600 miles on the bike when I showed up at the dealer Tuesday morning.

Route Back to Cullman
12929847885_bfe8fd3cd6_z.jpg

After Nick did the initial service, I rode to Atlanta for meetings with a client. Stayed that night with pals in Little Five Points. The next morning I had another meeting (with a different client), then headed WNW. I rode around Athens, then through Greenwood, Clinton, and Chester, SC, picking up the interstate in Rock Hill.

Route through South Carolina
12930250064_3ea7d14c11_c.jpg

I spent the night in Kannapolis, NC, and headed back to Richmond via 85N to 40W to SR49N all the way to Crewe. Then 360 to RIC.

Wow. Just. Wow.

12816131494_cae56880d2_c.jpg

An incredible bike. Power, comfort, flickability (yes, I said that), maneuverability, real cruise control, and so on. Very happy with my decision. The Norge will get lonely.

Last edited by a moderator:
Little River Canyon, Lookout Mountain, Chattanooga, Dahlonega, Little 5 in downtown ATL...you hit a lot of my good local riding haunts.

As has been noted by most on the forum the 2014 Red Menace is the cause of epic levels of covetousness among us. You can include me in on that sinful note of jealousy as well. The bike is simply a winner, that much is obvious.

I'm glad you enjoyed your fly & ride.

G.R.

To quote my wife Iris, you suck! We are still on the waiters list.

Seriously, congrats on the new red beauty. Nice pics too! It's nice to see fields with no snow on them.

Jim

P.S. need a topbox that compliments luscious bike.

Color me jealous! Nice RR and great photos. Now that I've seen the red in person it just makes me want one more. My wife gave me the go ahead, I just don't like the thought of having payments again.

Well done - enjoyed the googlemaps route pics.

I've ridden many of those roads myself - not on a Gen III, mind you. But all things in due time, my friend. Due time, indeed.

Congrats on the new bike. I am jealous that you were able to put as many miles on yours in days that took me months to accrue.

Nice, thanks for taking us along.

Needless to say, riding from anywhere to Dahlonega is a motorcyclist's *insert adjective* dream
Thanks for confirming I'm headed to a good place this weekend with the bike.
biggrin.png

Editor fail. Your "Insert Adjective" doesn't work well within a quote. It confuses the editor and kept moving the quote tag to the end after my text. Finally figured it out.
biggrin.png

Nice, thanks for taking us along.

Needless to say, riding from anywhere to Dahlonega is a motorcyclist's *insert adjective* dream
Thanks for confirming I'm headed to a good place this weekend with the bike.
biggrin.png
Stop by Riders Hill if you can--fun place to have a bite, kick tires, and gawk at the Guzz/MV Agusta/other brands ;) Nice folks there, too.

MojoGuzzi, Now that you have some miles on the bike, how are the Bridgestone tires wearing? I'm planning a 3,000+ mile ride in the spring.
I'm a fan of Pirelli Angel GTs, which will more than likely go on the bike when I need 'em. I have a 1300-mile trip coming up in a couple of weeks, mostly on interstate. I'll let you know then.

I love ride reports and that was a very good one.

Thank you!