You gotta be kidding

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Too bad, as it would be a good primer for the upcoming racing season. I don't believe I've watched it before, so I can't be upset though. I hope Velocity shows the TT races again, and MotoGP is a must!

DMG has ruined racing in North America.
Too much irony here, considering the "D" in DMG. They really have just destroyed the AMA series roadracing, what a shame.

I'd like to see the grand national championship come back with riders having to show skill in mile and 1/2 mile dirt track, short track, roadracing and TT.

I'd like to see the grand national championship come back with riders having to show skill in mile and 1/2 mile dirt track, short track, roadracing and TT.

Amen

Last edited by a moderator:
I cannot understand why flat tracking never seems to get any broadcast traction. Anytime two kids start a MX bike and ride around an arena it gets broadcast 4 times a week. Flat tracking is far more exciting to watch if the camera crew knows where to position themselves. Been a very long time since I've seen a flat track race. On dish TV if you look at the info screen for any motorcycle race being broadcast (mostly MX) it shows a flat tracker in a tuck as the icon. Pathetically ironic.

From what I'm gleaning from internet sources, there won't be any television coverage of AMA road racing this season. If you can call five events a season. If only my area of Comcast offered beIN Sports in HD but alas for now I have to watch World Superbike in standard def. And it looks like they won't be offering supersport or superstock coverage like last year. World supersport has been the best racing going on. I have to get British Superibke series off the internet.

Aside from the fact that I can't stand Scott Russell, fanschoicetv sucked. The ONLY positive was no laps lost due to commercials. The guy commentating with Russell has no clue. The stream was choppy and I have high speed cable and used Chrome for a browser. The sound quality was that of a 16kHz mp3 sample. Lots of folks on other media gave the "hdmi cable to your tv" solution but all that does is magnify and already shitty quality picture.

HDMI to the TV doesn't help if it's in a different room, or even on a different floor, either. And timeshifting is tough. A lot of us have shit to do on a Saturday afternoon, and we'd like to use the DVR.

I understand it was quite the exciting race, but I'll never know because DMG does not care a whit about their fan base. The TV crap is not new, they had issues last year during the season as well. This year they've added: No west coast races?!??!? 5 races on the whole year?????!!!?

. The TV crap is not new, they had issues last year during the season as well. This year they've added: No west coast races?!??!? 5 races on the whole year?????!!!?
Well, we (the fans) were told that CBS Sports had the contract to televise AMA through this season. And they've added a sixth round at Laguna Seca during World Superbike. Little consolation.