• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

FS: Kisan Dual Headlight Modulator and Powerlet Dual Port Kit

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ABQFJR

Reaction score
Dual Powerlet Kit - Still Available

Kisan Headlight Modulator - SOLD

Powerlet Rear Lockset Dual Port Kit ~ $50

This is a really well-made and fantastic addition to the bike. It makes plugging in a battery-tender very easy, and provides two always-on outlets for heated clothing or other farkles. $50 shipped.

IMG_1114.JPG

Please PM me if you are interested in anything here. All items will ship USPS Priority Mail.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll give you $45 for the Powerlet and I'll pick it up from you. It's gotta be $5 or more to ship it somewhere. Does that one take standard sized plugs, or the funny little ones? Funny little ones won't help me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Zilla,

I think this uses the "funny little plugs," as you put it. It does not have standard "cigarette lighter" style sockets. It has the type of sockets that come on a BMW... I'm pretty sure the are actually called Powerlet sockets.

If you still want it, you've got yourself a deal.

Dammit...Why do you hate me? I thought they looked little but was hoping I was wrong. I can't use them. Thanks though, and sorry!

Is the Powerlet the type of connector used on Gerbings heated gear? I have a vest I got as swag years ago that I've never used. I may be interested in the powerlet stuff if it'll fit...

Nothing but plutonic love for ya, Zilla, haha.

Regarding the Powerlet plugs, I'm not sure there is anything like this available on the market that has cigarette lighter-style outlets. In my self-serving pitch of the day, could the equipment you want to plug in be rewired with a powerlet plug? They're much nicer than cigarette lighter-style plugs... more solid and secure.

Wnyfjr, your heated gear most likely uses a coax connection. Powerlet sells all sorts of different adapters to fit their sockets. You can see them here: https://www.powerlet.com/shop-by-product/power-cables/PWRCBL. What you'd be interested is down towards the bottom of the page under the section "Heated Gear Coax Cables."

Powerlet really is the way to go. It was designed with motorcycles in mind and is a very solid, secure connection that stands up to the vibration encountered on a bike.

Here are a couple pics of an actual Powerlet plug for anyone else who is curious:

IMG_1120.JPG

IMG_1122.JPG

Is the spider ground wire a pain in the buttocks to install? I am not sure if my recall has been done.

Tim,

You can call Yamaha Cypress and give them your VIN and they can tell you if the recall has been done. That said, no, it's not very difficult to install. You'll just need to remove both side fairing panels to access the radiator fan plugs and the grounding bolts on the engine.

UPDATE:

Garauld backrest and rack and Kisan Taillight Flasher have SOLD.

Road Runner grounding harnesses, Headlight Modulators, and Powerlet Sockets are still available.

I have had the Kisan Headlight Modulator on my bike since 2009 and it works very well for me. Installation is dead simple (providing you have smallish hands to reach into the headlight plug area) and I have had people at toll booths comment on it, as well as folks who pull into a parking lot behind me to tell me that my headlights are blinking. They get seen!