SoCal Group Ride

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

McRide

FJR Supporter
Reaction score
Sunny San Diego SoCal Group Ride

March 22

Meet up at Starbucks/ McDonalds @ Hwy 94 and Avacado Blvd 8am, KSU 9am.

Route:

Head east on 94 to Jacumba then down the Ocotillo Grade to the desert floor then north on S2 to Yacgui Pass and Borrego Springs for lunch. Head up Montezuma Grade to Lake Henshaw..... Angelino's and Riversidians can go home northward on 76 or 79 while Sandiegoans (Sandiegans?) will go south to Julian for pie and coffee, then home.

"Discovered by the Germans in 1904, they named it San Diego, which of course means 'a whales vagina'" - Ron Burgundy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Really wanted to make this, but can't rearrange my schedule. Thanks for doing this Roy, I'll catch you next time!

So far we have a small group of VIP's:

McRide

Fairlaner

DJBill

Johny80s

Cometman

and maybe:

Trent Charlton?

Tony Reichman?

Greg Barrett?

Jorstin?

Roy,

Where did you guys eat lunch at?

I tried to meet you guys at the intersection of the 78 and S2 where that historical monument is.

I was there approx. 10:40 and there was a group of Harley riders there.

I stopped and asked them if they saw a small group of 5 or 6 bikes like the one I was on heading toward Borrego Springs and they said yeah they passed by about 5 mins ago.

I rode down the 78 to Yaqui Pass and on to Borrego Springs but I didn't see you guys anywhere?

I stopped at KENDALLS CAFE and had lunch thinking you guys might be by because we ate there last time we took that route.

I did meet PCARNUT on his beautiful Red 14 at the SANTA YSABEL gas station.

Anyway had a great ride, hope you guys did too!

We may have went by there about 11:30 , noonish. Was a great ride. Ate at Carlee's.

We may have went by there about 11:30 , noonish. Was a great ride. Ate at Carlee's.
Checked CARLEES about 11:30, there was only 1 FJR there so I didn't think it was you guys.

I guess to Harley riders all the Japanese bikes look alike cuz you guys obviously didn't pass by that intersection at about 10:30.

We had a few pit stops along the way and got to 78 and S2 about noon.

Arrived at Carlees about 12:30, left 2:30.

Next time Jerry, let us know you are planning to meet up.

Latest posts