New season...new attitude

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GeorgiaRoller

Exit Stage Left
Reaction score
The calendar says Spring is still a couple of weeks away...but this weekend in Georgia you'd of thought otherwise. The winter from hell may be starting to finally loosen it's grip somewhat on the eastern U.S., at least here in the deep south. For you miserable bastards in the Midwest, Northeast and Canada, you're probably not out of the woods yet but it's getting closer to riding season for you guys up north as well. So hang in there.

Flowers are up, tree's are budding, the sun was shining and it was in the 70's all weekend. Me & Streetbetty took a time out from work, raising four teenagers, soccer practice, softball practice, band practice, track practice, yard work and did some much needed R&R (riding & relaxing).

I've also had a recent epiphany & decided this year to make some personal changes for myself.

I'm doing less of....time on the computer, posting on forums, texting, cell phone, social BS up keep, stressing, anxiety, worrying about others, not helping those that can't help themselves or putting others problems as a burden on me.

I'm doing more of...reading, drinking cappuchinos, malbec's, smoking fine cigars, exploring, riding, hiking, spending time with my wife, enjoying the daily simple pleasures of life and being happily self sufficient in life.

So far so good. I really like the change. Sooooo with all that being said here is what we saw on our recent rides...

Last edited by a moderator:
I knew you wanted to cut back on your posting but I hope you don't forget how much we appreciate your photos and RRs.

Thanks for posting.

Those are some darn wonderful photos. I hope your personal changes include sharing your photography on the forum Your photography is inspirational.

Yes, Spring is here. The Daffodiles are blooming here also. Time to make the trip into the hills for the Spring flowers. Great pictures Nathan. Loved the murals and the barbed wire!

Wonderful photos as ever ''GeorgiaRoller''!!
rolleyes.gif

Thanks!!
smile.png

Good to see you're getting out, and posting the great photo's that you capture so well.

Thanks...this gives me hope that winter may just end, up here to at some point.

Looks nice down there, it's getting here, but slow. I rode yesterday and last Sat.

Great pics as usual
smile.png
Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, great pics!! Makes me want to head up there and ride around! GA has some beautiful small towns. Toured around once when the wisteria was in bloom- that was a great experience.

Roller, I appreciated your post a bunch. Until last week, it had been months since I had the FJR or any of my other bikes out for a ride. Work, family, side business, work travel... name the excuse. I didn't know how much I just missed riding until the week before last, when I test rode a KTM 1190R because.... well, because I had an hour to kill while on travel and I just wanted to ride so bad in the sunny CA weather (I did my test ride on the one dry day in CA that week). When you are jonsing for a ride, it's not the time to be test riding. Sort of like going to Costco on an empty stomach.

Got home, and Friday it was actually dry, so pulled out the FJR, treated her to some ethanol free fuel, and just had a fun ride.

Your post captured what a good day to ride feels like. Can't wait till the next decent day, far away as it may be.