Gathering of the Clans! When and Where?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fairlaner

The Bartender Whisperer
Reaction score
I know its kinda late but here goes....

We were going to have the Clan gathering in Healdsberg this year but once i started looking at hotels i realized they are way too expensive....

So now we 2 choices for venue and 2 dates...

Does it really matter if it conflicts with SW-FOG....there are only 4 people on the list from Cali...

The Mill Valley Hotel has rooms for about $109 (group rate maybe cheaper)...

The Sonora Inn has rooms for around $100, the problem with Sonora is that the passes may not be open...

lets vote and see what shakes.

R

I would guess the passes will open before mid-May this year. In spite of recent precipitation, the snowpack is still near record lows for the year as much of the precipitation fell as rain up to 8000 feet. Unfortunately, the outlook is dry for the remainder of March. Good timing bringing this up before St. Patrick's Day weekend.

Have a great time at the Clans Gathering. I miss yinz guys.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sonora, weekend after Memorial Day. Don't worry about snow, the stuff is in short supply up here this year, I'm very sure the passes will be open by then.

Don't know that funds will permit but my vote is for Sonora only because I like that area better. There is good riding in either location. With lack of rain the passes should open early.

Timing doesn't matter to me but before memorial day may or may not avoid a few more idiots on the road.

Our vote -- Sonora, after memorial weekend

We like the area and the date works .... for us
smile.png

Thanks for taking this on again Richard

Roger the weekend after Memorial is May 30th-June 1st

I will check with Hotel for both dates....

R

So heres the thing....The average temp in Sonora for the first week of June is 98 degrees........

R

It's below freezing here so 98 sounds pretty good. We can head uphill to cool off. if you want cool we can go back to Eureka.

Voted for Mill Valley and week after Memorial day, but I plan on making this no matter how it shakes out.

So heres the thing....The average temp in Sonora for the first week of June is 98 degrees........
R
According to weather channel the avg for Sonora, Ca. is 85 degrees. Perhaps you were looking at adifferent Sonora?

Most of your riding will be done at higher elevations where the temps are much cooler.

R
According to weather channel the avg for Sonora, Ca. is 85 degrees. Perhaps you were looking at adifferent Sonora?

Most of your riding will be done at higher elevations where the temps are much cooler.
He must be looking at the Sonoran Desert, it won't be that hot in late May up here. I hope.

We like Sonora

I haven't been over to Sonora for awhile so I voted for that but am game for Marin if that's the direction we go. I also voted for the weekend before Memorial Day as it's a bit better on my calendar but I can do the weekend after too if need be. B)