Grips please?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mxboy96

Reaction score
Hey all my FJR hooligans, what do you guys like for grips on the feejer? Mine still has the factory rubbers, and I want something more comfortable, especially for longer trips. Gel? Pillow tops? Give me some ideas and testimonials!! Thanks guys

I've got a type of grip buddy like devices on my Vstrom that I got from SV racing and they seem to help a lot!

+2 for grip puppies. About $11 a set. They rip after a year or so, but hey, they're $11, replace em or buy multiple pair. Use the smaller set!

GripsVolts.JPG

(Not my bike)

BMW K grips.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just use the Grip Puppies or a Foam grip. I really don't care for the "wraps" as it leaves a seam, that seam always "seems" to find the bad spot sooner or later.

I've always heard great things about the Beemer grips, but I guess I'm too cheap
tonguesmiley.gif
:)

MXboy, I have a new set of Johar extra thick foam grips. I bought two sets for my 07 which I sold when the 14ES arrived. I never wore out the first set so the second set is yours for $10+ ahpn. I loved these grips. They really absorb the buzz in the bars and they are just a little thicker than your rubber grips.

Grab Ons worked for me for the past 7 years. They're cheap and easy to put on when you use Dawn dish soap. They last about a year - so long as you don't grip the bar tightly. Come to think of it, on long trips I spend more time on the bike with my hands on either side of the fuel tank than holding on to the hand grips. A good cruise control will let you do this.

Brodie