GIVI Tanklock bag

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a tank lock bag but not givi. The quick removal and not scratching tank are big plusses.

Mine's a bags connection and I really like it.

A friend has one on his Ducati, works well!

Anyone use the GIVI tanklock or similar along with a Bagster tank cover?

I have a small and a large Givi tanklock bag. I also have a Helibar triple clamp and the handlebars hit both of these bags at full lock. I went to a Bag Connections bag with the front being narrower than the back. I would be happy to make someone a deal on either of the Givi bags and the tank mount ring.

I have a small and a large Givi tanklock bag. I also have a Helibar triple clamp and the handlebars hit both of these bags at full lock. I went to a Bag Connections bag with the front being narrower than the back. I would be happy to make someone a deal on either of the Givi bags and the tank mount ring.
How much...and can you post some pics?

How much...and can you post some pics?
Ditto. I would be interested in the small one. Do you know which model?

The bags are Givi T489 and TPH02. Pictures can be seen at

https://www.happy-trail.com/Luggage/Givi/T489-TankLock-Bag-Tank-Bag.aspx

and

https://www.twistedthrottle.com/givi-tankbag-tph02-easy-lock

The bags were hardly used. They are supposed t have shoulder straps which I never used or carried with me. I will try and find them. I only have one tank adapter. They are $16 new from several of the common internet sales sources.

I want $100 for the T489 (paid 139), $80 for the TPH02 (paid 110) and $10 for the tank adapter.

I think Givi has changed all the T number bags to different numbers starting with EPH or something similar.

Forgot to add that the prices do not include shipping. I am in Albuquerque, NM zip 87114. You can estimate shipping to your area using whatever shipping method you prefer.

I would be interested to know what tank ring & tank bags you went with for the Bag Connections products.

Also, are you saying the Bag Connections set-up doesn't contact the handlebars at full lock?

I too have the Bags Connection Evo City bag but with the electrified tank ring. My bars are in the middle stock (no risers) position. No contact at full lock whatsoever (which was one of the main reasons I went with this product).

Jack D or CA G-Man, happen to have a picture of the tank bag on the bike?

Not handy. I'll see if I can remember to take one when I get home (and then take another shot at working out this photo posting thingy - and no I don't want to have to set up another account so that I can use photobucket! ;-))

Not handy. I'll see if I can remember to take one when I get home (and then take another shot at working out this photo posting thingy - and no I don't want to have to set up another account so that I can use photobucket! ;-))
CA G-Man took a few shots of his Bag Connections tankbag, here they are:

Bars at full lock left:

Bars at full lock right: