2014 MotoGP

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LKLD

I miss Don. 😔
Reaction score
Well, one more week and the races kick off in Qatar. Many questions await answering, such as; how will Yamaha do this year, mainly Lorenzo and Rossi? Will Marquez dominate...again? Is Crutchlow goin to make a move as a podium staple? Who will crash first, or who will whine first? Can Honda be beat?

2014 GP is upon us and I, for one, can't wait for it to start! Go Yamaha!

My prediction is Pedrosa will not win the title again and that this is his last chance with Honda before they finally punt his ass away.

Random thoughts:

I think Marquez will be tough to beat.

Yamaha may be able to beat him.

I am encouraged by the open class bikes. They can have more fuel and softer tires which will give the factory bikes a run for their money.

I hope the customer GP bikes that Honda sold are better than the testing has shown so far.

Predictions:

1. Marquez

2. Lorenzo

3. Rossi

4. Bautista

5. Dovisio

6. Crutchlow

7. Pedrosa

Looking at the new rule changes, I think they may provide for some unpredictable outcomes in some races to add spice to the otherwise same 'ol same 'ol. Marquez will prolly repeat tho.

I must say that I enjoy WSBK much more though for the fact that about 10 different riders can win on 5 different manufacturers bikes.

I would love to see Rossi win one more championship.

Marquez has had things his own way, so if Yamaha gives him some troubles, we'll see if he has the mental fortitude to retain his title.

As others have said, he's going to be the one to beat this year, and has a very good shot at being number one again.

To my surprise, Aleix Espargaro is walking away with things in Free Practice.

Will he hold on to number one in the qualifying trials tomorrow?

Tune in and find out!

Thanks, found it. FOXS1, channel 150 on Dish. 12:30 Mountain Time. Only broadcasting the MOTOGP-1 race, no practice, qualifying or MOTO 2-3. Better than nothing.

What a friggin' race to open the season! No spoilers here( learned my lesson), but for you guys that haven't watched it yet, you are going to LOVE it!

Liked it! Lots of battles. More riders in the lead group and it should only get more crowded as the season progresses.

Agreed. I never saw that many bikes up front that late in a GP. There could have been one more bike up front.

Heck yeah! Great first race, really would like to see VR46 win the championship. Going to be an incredible season if the first race is any indication.

Think how good it would have been if Lorenzo had also been in the mix! I'm a Rossi fan and he may win a race or two but I believe he's already won his last championship. The dude is 34, oldest top 5 rider by quite a bit. It was great to see him up front again though. He did this last year at Qatar too but then went on to have a mediocre (for him) season. Also missing was Pol Espargaro. I hope we have a lot of these crowded races for first this year, great for race fans. The USGP in Austin should be good.

Latest posts