We're Having an Adventure . . . Just Like the Goonies

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lauren_TK

Reaction score
The plan was to ride up to Granite Falls, and then take one of our favorite routes home before the rain fell. The weather report gave us until noon for a 0% chance of rain, raising to 10% at 1:00 PM, and higher after that. We set our target to be home at Noon.

We hopped on the Interstate, and rode North. A few tiny, tiny spatters marred our windscreens. This being the Seattle area, that does not mean that it is starting to rain. By the time we turned off the Interstate, the spatters had . . . disappeared.

At Granite Falls, we pulled up the route on the GPS only to find the route messed up. We decided to wing it, and have an adventure. We vaguely remembered the route, but we've also been on many of the other roads in the area. Following is the basic script for many of conversations we had:

Rider A: Hey, this is <insert name of cross street>. I remember this street.

Rider B: So do I.

Rider A: Did we go left or right before?

Rider B: I think we want to go <insert direction>.

Rider A: That looks right.

Bikes: Vroooom!

Eventually, we found ourselves in Lake Stevens. Lake Stevens was a) not our destination, and b) shouldn't have been on the route to our destination. Yes. We'd managed to get ourselves slightly lost. Fortunately, we know where Lake Stevens is in the Grand Scheme of things, and we were able to find get ourselves oriented and heading south again. However, we were too far West to get back on our original track, so we decided to hit Highbridge Road/West Snoqualmie Valley Road, and then loop home over Novelty Hill.

whereitwentwrong.jpg

We stopped in Woodinville to fill our bellies with (surprise) cheeseburgers, and then fill the bikes with gas. As we jumped on the slab to cover the last five miles to home, a few, fat drops of rain splattered onto my visor. As we closed the garage door, the sky decided that it had fired enough warning shots, and the rain started in earnest.

The time? 1:05 PM.

Last edited by a moderator:
Guh! I forgot an important piece of this ride report.

I dropped the FJR a week ago because I got on my tip-toes on an incline. Yes. I've ordered canyon cages. I'm waiting for them currently. I started researching and asking questions on the forum about lowering my FJR.

Achiu said (in short), "Don't lower the FJR just yet. Try a custom saddle that has been lowered. Here borrow mine."

Thursday, I picked up the Laam from him. Saturday I wanted to give it a good go, so we wanted a medium length ride.

Our trip was about 105 miles, and that gave me a good run on the saddle, and it made the difference in a lot of good ways.

Lauren, Glad you had fun. Don't let having dropped your FJR bother you much. At some point a while back someone started a thread challenging members here to admit if they'd ever dropped an FJR. It was amazing to me how many admitted they had, BTW, I'm one of the members that has to admit that he's dropped one before.

+1 on the Laam. He's a good guy and only about 5 minutes from my house. If you ever do a ride in let me know.

The closest I'm going to be to Redding this year is Eureka for a Spyder Ryder thing in August.

I would like to have the seat long before then.

I emailed him on Friday morning, but I still haven't heard back from him.