NAFO Volunteers

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rickcorwn

Reaction score
Several people have talked to me about helping out at NAFO this year but i didn't keep track of them all. So if you talked to me or are interested in lending a hand contact me one way or another. A couple of things that I could use help with are; Name Tags, Registration both before and at the event and if 0face lives up to his swagmeister reputation I'll need help setting up all the swag for the meet and greet and the banquet. Another person I'm looking for is a graphic artist to design a uber kewl logo for NAFO 4. I've got a couple of examples in hand now but I'm still open to ideas.

Rick, I'd be happy to help with any of that except the logo part. And I'd be happy to help with that, if I had any artistic abilities...

Be happy to help with registration. Could come up to La Crosse a day are two early if needed.

Rick, I'd be happy to help with any of that except the logo part. And I'd be happy to help with that, if I had any artistic abilities...
Craig, don't fool yourself - your artistic abilities rock. The ride you created in Iowa was a thing of art!
punk.gif

And the pie ……..!!!

Oh and Rick if I can help with anything - let me know.

BTW Rick, Did you know Aerostich was using a poster of you in their pop up store?

Last edited by a moderator:
Rick,

I will help out anyway I can when I get there. If there is anything I can do remotely prior to the event let me know.

Bob

Rick,I will help out anyway I can when I get there. If there is anything I can do remotely prior to the event let me know.

Bob
Ditto this for me^

I do all the graphics for my websites. I can trial n error up any type of image file desired, I also know Flash. Shoot me your ideas and desired sizes and I will make up some assorted logo's that may take your fancy. I can also work back n forth given a little time.

-KJ

GKRU_logo_med.jpg

BTW Rick, Did you know Aerostich was using a poster of you in their pop up store?
And selling them too, get yours for just 5 bucks. I'll be signing autographs at the registration table
winksmiley02.gif

i-zmPDwwZ-M.jpg
:haha:

^ That would be the poster!

I forgot to mention that I will not be riding the rally and I will be visiting family up in Iowa the week prior to NAFO. So scouting or anything like it, Is a possibility.

I also could ride Minnesota and Wisconsin during that week prior.

Rick,

Count me in for helping. I can work registration and anything else except logo design. I can also speak on the virtues of drinking local Wisconsin beer.

Now I'm confused..."Help with the logo", "don't help with the logo", "the logo isn't ours, even though it was custom built," "I'm ordering the closing of a thread that isn't mine because the logo hurt my feelings"...WTF am I missing here?

AND then people wonder why attendance on stuff like this is down...

Edited to add: Not trying to stir shit...Was sincerely wondering. Don't everyone take stuff to personal. This is SUPPOSED to be fun.

Now I'm confused..."Help with the logo", "don't help with the logo", "the logo isn't ours, even though it was custom built," "I'm ordering the closing of a thread that isn't mine because the logo hurt my feelings"...WTF am I missing here?
AND then people wonder why attendance on stuff like this is down...

Edited to add: Not trying to stir shit...Was sincerely wondering. Don't everyone take stuff to personal. This is SUPPOSED to be fun.
I had some PM's on this, they liked my work but that is like saying liver is a really good tasting meat. Well to some probably, but for the organizer he/they have their likes and so be it. I just wasn't on the same page I guess.

I officially bowed out as this took on a more complex task to an otherwise easy (and as AJ said^) should of been fun task. I made the mistake of putting it public (sorry Rick!) as I thought fellow members could help mold and develop it and with Mgmt having the final call(s). Sometimes participants making up a project add to the credibility of the job (logo). Oh well, I had a half day into it and wanted to start molding/morphing it but just don't have the time and effort to all what it has become (or maybe what it was meant to be all along?). The only thing I had to work with was that "Meet in the Middle" be incorporated with some form of river/water theme and make it print friendly (T-Shirts etc)

I was asked to add a motorcycle and did, 180'd the Yami tuning fork logo (f'd up the frag a bit but doesn't matter anymore).

Guess it can go public since my work is trash now anyways. I'm looking forward to the new design and the way it's going. I'm all positive towards somebody else doing this
smile.png
and can't wait to see and possibly even wear the new logo design!

Cheers all!

-KJ

NAFO_14_logo_rev1-5_zps19d521d6.jpg

What we have here is a failure to communicate... and I'm as much at fault as anyone. Designing a logo that works as well on a T-shirt as it does on the web site or a bunch of other uses is no easy task. Top_Speed1 did a good job but I wasn't as clear as I should have been as to the flexible format that I needed. Can't wait to buy him and HotRodZilla a good Wisconsin beer
drinks.gif

What we have here is a failure to communicate... and I'm as much at fault as anyone. Designing a logo that works as well on a T-shirt as it does on the web site or a bunch of other uses is no easy task. Top_Speed1 did a good job but I wasn't as clear as I should have been as to the flexible format that I needed. Can't wait to buy him and HotRodZilla a good Wisconsin beer
drinks.gif
There is no need to apologize Rick. You have run one hell of a show at CFO the last few years and I am positive NAFO 2014 will be a resounding success. It is obvious you and your volunteers have put your heart and soul into these LaCrosse events. If you want to keep a pulse on how things are organized and run I can't say I would blame you.

Status
Not open for further replies.