Fred Phelps' memorial services?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
awwww shit -- shoulda probably put this in "Ride Planning".

Sorry, admins -- perhaps it can be moved once more information on the location of this "meet" is known.
winksmiley02.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Someone posted on facebook that he might have had 'odd views', but the 'Christian thing to do' is forgive him.

Sheesh. I hope he and Osama Bin Laden have a great time playing rummikub in hell.

I've been warned over starting this thread -- that it was one about the prohibited topic of religion. Please DO NOT GO THERE! I wrote back a long response that this is not about religion to me.

It was intended to be about irony, dark humor even, and my belief that the Phelpses' significance was most about the First Amendment's limitations when it comes to precluding offensive content of speech in public places. And it's all very much about the way some people treat others. There are a number of Patriot Guard Riders here, and I suspect they're grinning just a bit at the irony of Phelps being the corpse subject to such mourning as he once rode roughshod over.

Seemed like the place for a conversation and a little ironic laughter to me. I've been away from this site for several months now, and I apologize for my slacking in reverence for the rules.

Now I'm told by a different admin that it's political even if it isn't religious and there are other sites for that sort of thing.

Life's too short, and I guess I just don't understand. You guys have fun and try to find the humor in life.

Out here -- better things to do, and not interested in getting banned for the inflamatory nature of this thread and collateral discussion.

Anyone know if the time and location of Fred's service and interment has yet been announced?
Who all is planning on going? And can I assume someone is organizing the event, the sign making and the friendly greetings for the family?
Yes,

I'm planning a picnic and a pub crawl to go with it. I can't spell to well after beers, so someone else is gonna hafta make the signs.

Life's too short, and I guess I just don't understand. You guys have fun and try to find the humor in life.
Out here -- better things to do, and not interested in getting banned for the inflamatory nature of this thread and collateral discussion.
I see irony, not much humor as I don't associate venom groups or death of someone even if a jerk as very funny, BUT I see religious and political crap entwined and ensuing. Lest you think I'm somehow supportive of this guy, I personally rode a thousand-of-riders PGR event on the FJR to counter these whack-a-doodles.

Regardless, thread closed per your request and I think a wise move. I can't see how this thread is related to FJRs, motorcycles, or riding without a whole lot of straining. Plenty of other places to talk about Phelps.

Status
Not open for further replies.