What Is Your LD Plans for the Year?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

101stpathfinder

Trading miles for memories
FJR Supporter
Reaction score
Curious as to riding plans of others.

I am planning on running 1 rally this year.

And although my cert. riding was thought to be near its end, I have a few cert. rides that have caught my interest.

* Mississippi Headwaters (To NAFO)

* 200CCCCC Gold (A 10/10ths in 8 days)

* Key West SS1000 (Greg created this nut ride)

Also I would love to return to Hyder, AK next year - Perhaps a Hyder to Hyder would be fun.

Last edited by a moderator:
I plan to at least get a BBG under my belt this summer. I also want to do a 50CC.

That will complete the tag back collection...with 1 possible addition someday...

Definitely a BBG this year (my first). Possibly a SS2000 and maybe a SS3000 as well. That's if a trip in August pans out.

I'm already signed up for two rallies (Heart of TX next month and Ed's Last Resort in May). I'll likely ride in the FL Digital Scavenger Hunt November 1st, maybe even a rally in October. We'll see what else works out.

Recent birth of our first grandson has placed our annual ride to Alaska on hold. Other plans include: Southern Utah, Laguna Seca, Branson MO, Jasper NP, Black Hills and Big Horn MTNs, and various Montana places. Oh, and my wife's first Saddle Sore.

I had emailed Ed but he never replied. I met him at Stagecoach. I guess I won't be doing his rally.

It was nice to get certified on the spot in Jax, Not wanting to wait for certs is tempting me to ride a BBG to Denver.

I plan to at least get a BBG under my belt this summer. I also want to do a 50CC.That will complete the tag back collection...with 1 possible addition someday...

Definitely a BBG this year (my first). Possibly a SS2000 and maybe a SS3000 as well. That's if a trip in August pans out.
I'm already signed up for two rallies (Heart of TX next month and Ed's Last Resort in May). I'll likely ride in the FL Digital Scavenger Hunt November 1st, maybe even a rally in October. We'll see what else works out.
Hmm??? Same Ride same Region???

Chuck, I hear you. If I could spare the time off work and the money for the hotel I'd head to Denver myself.

"Hmm??? Same Ride same Region???"

I can't make Denver this year. My trip is to visit friends near Portland, OR the week before. Might as well get some good LD riding out of the trip, right? :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Chuck, I hear you. If I could spare the time off work and the money for the hotel I'd head to Denver myself.
I'm still awaiting the current schedule. I'm not to keen on hanging out in one town for a week. I've never been out west and there is much to see.

My LD Plans:

May - Team Lyle Silver State Round Up. Did a BBG1800+ last year, planning to add another this year.

June - Poison Rally in Ely, NV. Did a SS2k Gold (2120 miles in 30.5 hours) last CG rally, I want to add another 500+ to it this year. Depends on how the format works out.

Jule - Will be rallymastering the How The West Was Won rally here in CO

After that is TBD.

Headed out from Orlando to the North Rim of the Grand Canyon with a small group I often ride with. Figuring 5 days to the canyon, 4 days to explore the vicinity (Bryce, Zion, Mexican Hat, Four Corners, etc.) and then five days back home again. Will probably stop by the battleship Alabama on the way out, and run by Barber on the way back.

May - Team Lyle Silver State Round Up

June - Poison & 10n10

July - How the West Was Won

August - Denver Meet

October - BigTex

Probably a couple of shorter events somewhere in there.

-Erik

May - Team Lyle Silver State Round UpJune - Poison & 10n10

August - Denver Meet

October - BigTex

-Erik
Erik- Are you starting in SLC?

I am riding this rally, but might start in West Palm Beach to save time & money… and give up the points
uhoh.gif

Heading to Hyder and then a Canadian loop through Jasper and back home. No cert. rides on this one...in tourist mode the whole way.

Planning a Border-to-Border in the next couple months. B2B will be easy...planning (and riding) for a B2Bi.
smile.png

--G

August - Denver Meet

October - BigTex

-Erik

I am riding this rally, but might start in West Palm Beach to save time & money… and give up the points
uhoh.gif
I'll have to see the rally pack.

My understanding was that we could always choose to start in SLC, so if there is some sort of very large advantage to starting there then I'll consider it. I originally planned to start in SLC because I enjoy the pre-event festivities but reconsidered when Poison came up since we start the Thursday after Poison. As of right now, I'm starting at home in Northern California. I feel for everyone starting on the east coast though. With a 10am start time in Salt Lake, that makes it a noon start on the east coast. I'd much rather start earlier in the morning rather than waiting around.

I'm really hoping that with the remote start, that we have some mid-rally checkpoint early in the event to gather up the field. Seems that would be one of the easier ways to even things out points wise.

August - Denver Meet

October - BigTex

-Erik

uhoh.gif
I'll have to see the rally pack.

My understanding was that we could always choose to start in SLC, so if there is some sort of very large advantage to starting there then I'll consider it. I originally planned to start in SLC because I enjoy the pre-event festivities but reconsidered when Poison came up since we start the Thursday after Poison. As of right now, I'm starting at home in Northern California. I feel for everyone starting on the east coast though. With a 10am start time in Salt Lake, that makes it a noon start on the east coast. I'd much rather start earlier in the morning rather than waiting around.

I'm really hoping that with the remote start, that we have some mid-rally checkpoint early in the event to gather up the field. Seems that would be one of the easier ways to even things out points wise.
The Bad news is:

From my understanding… Our starting point must be chosen PRIOR to the release of the bonus info.

AND

Those starting on the east coast will miss timed bonus' that are planned.

Heading to Hyder and then a Canadian loop through Jasper and back home. No cert. rides on this one...in tourist mode the whole way.
Planning a Border-to-Border in the next couple months. B2B will be easy...planning (and riding) for a B2Bi.
smile.png

--G
I suppose you will be making the I-5 route?

I really liked the I-15 route… Ahhh Montana!

I rode the Blaine to San Ysidro route last September. Hyder? You are killing me now- ENJOY!

Easy one word answer. Moonshine. Gonna do the Moonshine Lunch Run in April. Have my route laid out to earn my IBA certificate. Orlando to Indy to Casey, IL. in 24 hours. Should be fun.

Gonna go to EOM in September, with a few other trips between.