Yamaha Demo Truck - North Hollywood, This Friday and Saturday

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SkooterG

Purveyor of Crooked Facts
Reaction score
That's right. Yours truly and the Yamaha Demo Truck will be at the Yamaha dealership in North Hollywood on Friday and Saturday. Come on down and ride all the new toys!

i will.....and it's actually called Honda of North Hollywood.....

R

Last edited by a moderator:
No. The new '14 Super Tenere is not on the Demo trucks yet. I would expect to see it on them around May.

This dealership has three FJRs on the floor for sale:

- A used 04 ABS

- Brand new '13

- Brand new '14 ES!

Absolutely beautiful weather here in southern California!

No. The new '14 Super Tenere is not on the Demo trucks yet. I would expect to see it on them around May.

- A used 04 ABS

- Brand new '13

- Brand new '14 ES!

Bring a S-10 to Burlington at the end of May!

...and make sure you have the FZ9 fueled up for me!
--G

- A used 04 ABS

- Brand new '13

- Brand new '14 ES!

I will see what I can do! I will spend the entire month of May in Washington with the Demo Truck at various locations except for one stop in Fairview, OR. Hopefully will have a new '14 SuperT on the truck by then. One of the trucks is supposed to have a new '14 SuperT available for this coming weekend's Arizona Bike Week. But that is the truck that will primarily doing national events and not the one headed to Washington in May. I will post more as I become aware.

Is the demo truck going to make it to the east coast any time in 2014?

Sure is. National events like Laconia for sure. Yamaha has three trucks. I only know the schedule of the one truck I will be shadowing through June. Don't know the schedules of the other two trucks. My truck will be west and central. I imagine one of the others will be swinging east though it may be later in the summer. Check Yammie's website for the best information on the schedule.

How about a stop in Denver on the way there?

...and make sure you have the FZ9 fueled up for me!
--G
Special fuel just for you mi amigo!

A fun event in North Hollywood this past weekend. Got to spend some quality time with Fairlaner. I think he really liked the '14 ES FJR, was blown away by the VMAX's motor, and prefers his Kawi Z1000 over the FZ-09.

One gentleman who Demo'd the '14 FJR ES on Friday returned on Saturday and bought the one that the dealership had on the floor. Demo rides also spurred at least two FZ-09 sales at the dealership.

It's a tough job I have.

I can't wait till you come to Upstate NY !

I'll get us a pizza and by ya a cold one :)

There was a Yamaha Demo rig at "Sehorn Yamaha" in Shawnee, OK last weekend. The trailer had Missouri plates. SkooterG, was that one of the three trucks you're talking about?

There was a Yamaha Demo rig at "Sehorn Yamaha" in Shawnee, OK last weekend. The trailer had Missouri plates. SkooterG, was that one of the three trucks you're talking about?

Yes, that is the Yamaha Truck. The other trucks are Star 1 and Star 2. I did an event at that dealership in May of last year. One of the best dealerships I have ever seen. The owner (for like 30 years) Mark Sehorn is the epitome of how an owner should be.

Were you at the event last weekend? Ride anything interesting?

Sure is. National events like Laconia for sure. Yamaha has three trucks. I only know the schedule of the one truck I will be shadowing through June. Don't know the schedules of the other two trucks. My truck will be west and central. I imagine one of the others will be swinging east though it may be later in the summer. Check Yammie's website for the best information on the schedule.

Thanks for the reply; I'll keep an eye out for it.

Yes, that is the Yamaha Truck. The other trucks are Star 1 and Star 2. I did an event at that dealership in May of last year. One of the best dealerships I have ever seen. The owner (for like 30 years) Mark Sehorn is the epitome of how an owner should be.

Were you at the event last weekend? Ride anything interesting?
Yes I stopped in (in a cage) and just looked around, didn't ride anything, it was a busy place last Saturday.....

I will be at the Lacey WA dealership on May 9th!

It will be my first Yamaha demo truck experience.

Gonna be fun :)