Red Bull Grand Prix of the Americas: April 13

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lauren_TK

Reaction score
To wet your appetite:

Circuit_of_the_Amrericas.jpg

Yea, thats all good, but where are the big screens, beer tents, and porta potties located! That's the important stuff!
smile.png
6 days till departure, Can't Wait!

I'm jealous.

I won't be able to see a race "in the flesh" this year.

I'm hoping that I can arrange that trick next year.

After the second free pactice, the top 10 are:

1. Marc Marquez
  2. Andrea Dovizioso
  3. Dani Pedrosa
  4. Andrea Iannone
  5. Valentino Rossi
  6. Aleix Espargaro
  7. Stefan Bradl
  8. Jorge Lorenzo
  9. Cal Crutchlow
  10. Bradley Smith
Marquez did 2'03.490 with Dovizioso just over a full second back at 2'04.495. Rossi (my Itallian pretend boyfriend) did 2'04.793.

Qualifying will be very interesting.

We Zonies are at La Quinta Inn at the intersection of I-35 and TX 71 in South Austin, room 240 and we have tortilla chips y salsa and a cooler of Mexican beer!

Beemerdons, my son and I stayed at the same hotel for the MoptoGP. Sorry I didn't have the opportunity to meet you, we were in room 107. Perhaps next year.

Good stuff, it was last minute for me. Bought my ticket at 9pm on Saturday and made a 5am departure from Dallas on the FJR to get down there, watch some racing, and head back.

Yea, that was a heck of a jump start. However, the jaw dropper was the guy who hung out for most of the race (won't say which one) and then dropped the hammer on the rest of them. Holy crap that guy was tearing it up.

Good weekend in Texas, crappy racing though. Not a competitive track for any bike other then Honda. It could best be described as boring, Rossi had already thrown in the towel by the end of practice on Friday, saying everybody would be racing for third behind the Hondas, That's not right. Ride down was nice, ride back a little cooler but not to bad, Best part was the BBQ at "The Salt Lick" in Dripping Springs, and " Smittys Market" in Lockhart. Will I go again? Not too sure about that. The race was very disappointing., not really a race, more like a Honda exhibition.

https://www.blacksbbq.com I got to eat at Black's Barbecue in Lockhart on Friday night, man oh man were the beef ribs ever fantastic! On my Bucket List to return there again next year!

blacks019.jpg

I just can't stop thinking about Black's Texas Barbecue, Yummy! jes' sayin' and nuff said, ese!

kent_black_cutting_block.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Once again, the Moto3 race was the best to watch. Those kids are crazy. I'm wondering if the rules changes for the big bikes that were supposed to make racing more competitive are backfiring.

The Moto3 race was certainly a blast!

I think the rules changes are working, as differences in lap time seem to be decreasing. Marquez is an outstanding rider, and he's putting up the best times.

It's hard to tell though, as there aren't really enough data points to say for sure.

Plus, as we've seen in the past, the only rider to measure up to Marquez is Jorge, and he effed that up from the beginning.

I don't think it's so much the track, it's just the other manufacturers can't seem to catch the Honda's anywhere. I would like to see how well Jorge would have done with a proper start. Vale, I love him, but it's time for him to move on and let some other young talent come into his place. Wish Crutchlow could have slid in there, instead he's wrestling with the unrideable Ducati.

I ate some crappy BBQ in Belton, Shoeps or something like that. I was hungry, there was a lot of it on my plate, that is all.

My last trip to the salt lick though, yum! Here's a shot I snagged of one of the few indoor open pit bbq's left.

20131012_123813_zpsbda1df06.jpg

Nothing like walking past that on your way to the table to get the juices flowing.

Last edited by a moderator:
NM Roadrunner:

Went by the Best Western Thursday evening. I tried to get desk clerk to ring your room. He said no answer, funny new BMW and your fine looking 2007 outside. Saw both bikes in parking lot D Friday morning. I am really pissed at the lack of big screen TVs that were turned on. Watched MM ride around from turn 1. Sorry I missed you guys.

Oldmantwo