New 2014

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
grab life by the balls I always say.

ok, i never said that before, but I've thought it often.

Right, actually, I've never thought about life's balls before, but congrats!

Congrats on the new bike. The feeling must be epic.
bike.gif

Good luck with that new ES and the bride to be.

Just how did she make you do it, pics of bride required.

Just traded in my 09 for a new 2014 ES. Can't wait to bring her home and put all the goodies on her. And to boot ,my Bride made me do it! =)
Good on ya JT! I love my 13, your gonna love the 14.

Now, if we could just get you some time off and come ride with us. Watcha doing the first weekend of May? Come on down to SE Ohio with us!

Congrats JT. We have a whopping 12 miles on our two new ESs. We're been farkling, but hope to get out Sunday for a short ride. You'll love the bike.

Concur with the comment "you'll love the bike" I've had an 04 and also an 06, which I recently traded in on a 2014. The difference is absolutely remarkable. The bike has become so smooth and refined, and yet just doing everything so much better than ever before. I just can't say enough about how much I enjoy this motorcycle. I don't know if it has already been mentioned...but it even sounds so much better!

You're going to enjoy you new ES. I've put 7,000 miles on my ES and it just keeps getting better. I haven't been able to find anything wrong with mine yet. Enjoy!

Test riding a 2014 FJR1300A tomorrow; will likely ride the ES in a couple of weeks, but the dealership is ready to make me a very attractive deal on the FJR1300A. I'm a bit on the fence about the ES -- a little concerned about those little electric servo motors messing up/breaking down the line, and whether the difference between the ES and the A suspension will be all that noticeable. I do like the twisties, but a lot of the riding out here on the plains in Oklahoma is straight-away. When I get in the twisties, though, I'm really not much of a peg-dragger. I'd appreciate hearing some objective opinions from those of you who have ridden/are riding the ES about how big of a difference it really makes.

Test riding a 2014 FJR1300A tomorrow; will likely ride the ES in a couple of weeks, but the dealership is ready to make me a very attractive deal on the FJR1300A. I'm a bit on the fence about the ES -- a little concerned about those little electric servo motors messing up/breaking down the line, and whether the difference between the ES and the A suspension will be all that noticeable. I do like the twisties, but a lot of the riding out here on the plains in Oklahoma is straight-away. When I get in the twisties, though, I'm really not much of a peg-dragger. I'd appreciate hearing some objective opinions from those of you who have ridden/are riding the ES about how big of a difference it really makes.
I haven't ridden either yet, but as far as I have seen and heard the A model is the same as as the Gen II bikes. They are really undersprung for people above average weight or riding 2 up. Motorcyclist magazine did a article about up grading a 2013 FJR's suspension, then they wrote that the ES did most of what they did, at a fraction of the price. The ES is $1000 more. You will pay that or more for a good replacement rear shock.

I wouldn't worry too much about the stepper motors. I use them in equipment I service and they are very reliable.

But probably the most important thing is that there is very little market for the A since the ES was released. When it comes time to sell it, you would be in the same situation as the dealers are now, you won't be able to sell it unless you drop the price dramatically.