Found My FJR in the Garage

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yamafitter

Reigning NERDS Granite Lane Gold Medalist
Reaction score
I know some here may not believe me but I found my FJR in here.....

CA_05081214164192-L.jpg

It only took couple of days with a D9 Cat but I finally dug out the FJR and went for the first ride of the season. I had to go for a ride since the Ice Cream stand was open so it has to be hot out, yes?

first%20ride%20-1-L.jpg

I took a round about way up to Tyrone Mills and stopped for a coffee. Note they also sell ice cream

first%20ride%20-2-L.jpg

I also picked up some homemade jam for the hot buttered scones.....

first%20ride%20-3-L.jpg

They also still grind flour on site....

first%20ride%20-4-L.jpg

and have locally produced maple syrup. It is definitely worth a stop.

With the ice cream stands open it must be warm enough to race cars so I headed over to Mosport (now called the Canadian Tire Motorsports Park but we locals will always call it Mosport)....

first%20ride%20-5-L.jpg

Wait a minute....... I thought it was warm enough for ice cream. Also, why is there reserved parking in a snow bank?

The structure in the background is the walk bridge at the end of the Andretti Straight but it looks like there won't be any racing for a while yet since I didn't see any track dryers out there.

I thought I better go check out the trailhead over at the Ganaraska Forest since the Forest is supposed to be open for dirt biking at the end of the month.....

first%20ride%20-6-L.jpg

Just before I got to the trailhead I passed two trucks hauling snowmobiles so the dirt biking season in the forest might be a little late this year. On the way over to Millbrook someone was getting the canoe ready to run their furs down to the trading post after the trapping season....

first%20ride%20-7-L.jpg

It was getting a little chilly so I headed south back towards the lake. Regional 10 down to Port Hope was OK but the past winter was not kind to Lakeshore Road. In between the frost heaves and the sand I thought I was on a Supercross track. It was bad, really bad.

I made one last stop along the lake to see if anyone had put their boat in the water down by the Newcastle Marina but it looks like we are still a month away....

first%20ride%20-8-L.jpg

Still a few icebergs along the shoreline.

It was starting to get late since I had wasted so much time digging the FJR out of the garage and I was going to have to borrow the D9 Cat to get the FJR stuffed back in the garage so I ran the last few kilometers from Newcastle back to my local Timmy's for a final coffee before calling it a day....

IMG_1147-L.jpg

A 127 kilometer ride which is a little long for a CBA Certification run but still a nice afternoon jaunt....

FJR%20-%20First%20Ride%202014-L.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Very nice Ride Report and scenic Photographs Billy Fitz, Thank You! By the way Hoser, does your FJR still have that goofy ass AE transmission in it? JSNS!

I'm guessing that the FJR was in there before the pic was taken, cause it sure ain't in THAT picture. By the way, haven't I seen a pic or two of that garage before? And weren't you promising to clean it out one of these days? Fitter, cleaning the garage does NOT mean simply taking the FJR out of it. By the way, in case you didn't already figure this out, you need help dude. No man can live with a garage like that forever.

Gary

Oh yeah, congrats on being able to get out for a ride. Warmer days are-a-comin'

I spent the day looking for my Hella's to try and mount them on the 13. Never did find them. I know I've seen them 50 times over the winter. Moving sucks.

In the span of an hour, I saw a guy on a quad, a guy on a snowmobile and a guy on a sport bike. Yup. Must be spring in Northern Ontario.

Still haven't got the bikes out from their winter nap yet though. Maybe after a few good rains.

Gary, I offered to help organize Fitz's shop for him and I was promptly beaten with an air hose and the words, "stay the hell out, after you're done I'll never be able to find anything".........

... By the way, haven't I seen a pic or two of that garage before? And weren't you promising to clean it out one of these days? Fitter, cleaning the garage does NOT mean simply taking the FJR out of it. By the way, in case you didn't already figure this out, you need help dude. No man can live with a garage like that forever...
I never promised to clean out my garage. Ray was threatening an intervention but I started whining that if he cleaned up my garage I would never be able to find anything again. I'm still looking for stuff from the last time Ray was here. He put some of my tools back where they belong and now I am fuked if I know where they are.

Very nice Ride Report and scenic Photographs Billy Fitz, Thank You! By the way Hoser, does your FJR still have that goofy ass AE transmission in it? JSNS!
If by this do you mean does my bike have the vastly superior and technologically advanced YCCS shifting system then the answer is yes............ jackass
tonguesmiley.gif

I ASSume there must be good reasons why the funny weird looking machine with handlebars that aint an FJR is closet to the garage door?

CA_05081214164192-L.jpg

I'm blind, is your Feej under the compressor or sumtin? lol.

Awesome 1st RR Bill. You gotta be the first Northerner to post one up for 2014
punk.gif
I knew a Timmy pic would be forthcoming, and, I wasn't disappointed after reading far enough
smile.png

No side bags?... you're starting to ride 'em local roads like me!

That's not a garage, it's a closet full of crap.
smile.png
It's not crap. Everything in there has a purpose however there are a few things that I forget what the purpose is. I'm pretty sure there are enough pieces in there to build a 1979 Can-Am Qualifier but I'm not sure why I would.

That's not a garage, it's a closet full of crap.
smile.png
It's not crap. Everything in there has a purpose however there are a few things that I forget what the purpose is. I'm pretty sure there are enough pieces in there to build a 1979 Can-Am Qualifier but I'm not sure why I would.
Don't be bad mouthing the Qualifiers. My buddy had one. Scarier than the Kawi H2 & 3's. All engine, flexi-flier suspension and frame. FUN!