Techmount Stem Mount & Garmin Zumo >>>>> Pics Anyone?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sno Cat

Reaction score
Finally, after 3 insanely long from-whence-she-was-ordered / snow driven / frost heave bumping / ice auger grinding / below zero months, the '14ES is soon to be readied (T-minus 11 days, 10hrs. & counting).

I've ordered a Techmount Stem Mount & I'll be mounting my Garmin Zumo on it. I need to Bridgeport the Stem Mount disk IAW the bolt pattern of the Zumo mounting plate (always glad to find an excuse to crank handles). But, does anyone have pics as to how well (or poorly????) the Zumo Fits on a Stem Mount on an FJR? Just want to make sure the install is nothing less than an FJR deserves.

Thanks,
Ed

I have the Techmount but not a Zumo... I use a Garmin Nuvi (until I save the money for a Zumo) with it and the install was straight forward given the standard hole pattern for the mounting bracket/cradle. If you check the Techmount site, they mention that the Zumo 660 has it's own top plate. You did not mention which Zumo you have.

Here is a link to see my pics for the Techmount install : https://www.fjrforum.com/forum//index.php/topic/150160-gps-mounting-location/page-3?

Here is the link : https://www.techmounts.com/products/index.php?page_function=detail&product_id=7

Which ZUMO did you buy, I just installed the 665 LM with my J&M audio system. I also have the Techmount on the center nut. Le me know if you need these pictures I can PM them to you.

Here's a pic of an older Techmount on my 04:

My 06 FZ6 with a GPS mount (NUVI GPS). The black angled bracket (aluminum) was made up to join the two:

You'll likely just have to drill some new holes in the Techmount plate to match the Zumo mount. (4 bolts I believe).

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a 665 on a techmount using a touratech locking cradle. It wasn't an exact fit, but its good enough for me atm.

It's a pricey cradle, but it's nice to know some dirtbag cant snag it quicker than I can drain my bladder.

CLICKY

01-065-0523-0_I_01.JPG

I have a Zumo 350 on a Tech Mount , I don't seem to be able to post photos here Photo Bucket what am I doing wrong ?

Nup , tried a couple more time , no go ( bugger )

I have a Zumo 350 on a Tech Mount , I don't seem to be able to post photos here Photo Bucket what am I doing wrong ?
Nup , tried a couple more time , no go ( bugger )
Use the "IMAGE" only option on the picturein Photobucket, copy it.

On your post (on the forum), click the very TOP, LEFT button (squarish, just above the "B" for bold). Paste the "IMAGE", done..

You do relize that tech mount sells a plate for the stem mount and all you have to do is bolt it together and if you buy the 665 with the antenna they also sell a mount for that. You will need to drill 2 new holes for the mounting but in about 30 min the whole thing is assembled and after you wire it you are all set. Will try to post some pictures.

Thanks Scott , Tis a little large perhaps
Personally, what I did with my old SPIII, is bolt the Techmount stem direct to the Touratec GPS mount and eliminate the Ram mount altogether.
If the plate is too small, some 1/8" aluminum plate is easily bolted to both after some drilling. The stem mount will still allow you to adjust the gps up and down. It would be a bit neater and would tuck it down a bit as well..

My FZ6 with the GPS tucked down and in. The GPS angle is still adjustable as the head of the stem mount rotates/adjusts:

A custom stem mount bolt, tucked tightly under the bars, the adjustable upper end allows GPS adjustment if needed: