Aaaaaahhhh!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CA G-Man

Reaction score
This probably belongs in off-topic discussions but I just wanted to share the good news with my forum friends.

I finally got the Feej out for a ride today after a full 6 months of winter! It was still only 1 degree Celsius with a metre of snow everywhere except the roads, and I had to slalom around the piles of gravel and sand, but it felt great to be on the bike again. Gotta say I was impressed at how quickly and smoothly she started up after all that down time. It was as if I rode yesterday. I guess the battery tender and fuel preservative did their jobs.

Life is good.

Last edited by a moderator:
The lack of photographic evidence indicates you we're probably caught in a subconscious thought "Wanting" to go for a ride.
wink.png
Hey, let a guy have his daydreams, will you?
rolleyes.gif

In all seriousness, I don't need another online account (i.e. Photobucket) and I've only got so much time to spend figuring out how to post pics using an account that I have (like DropBox; they don't make it easy, do they?) so... you may never see any pics from me. I might not even exist... (insert spooky music here).

It's amazing how those periods of abstinence (from many different activities) are so much more enjoyable when you can again participate!

Speaking of posting pics, can someone tell me why this forum makes it so laborious to post pics? Tks!!
Laborious? All you need is a direct link to a photo (being hosted elsewhere) and you can post that photo here using the "Image" icon in the reply window's menu.

This one:

ImageIcon.jpg

No, they do not allow you to upload your photos here, nor do they at many other online forums. Image uploads are a huge consumer of a server's storage resources.

So, you just have to figure out how to get a direct link to your pictures from wherever you are storing them online. Typically, by right clicking a picture, it will give you a menu choice to Copy Image Location (verbiage may vary by browser)

If you are trying to do any of this on a smart phone, tablet or iPad, sorry... all bets are off.

So, you just have to figure out how to get a direct link to your pictures from wherever you are storing them online. Typically, by right clicking a picture, it will give you a menu choice to Copy Image Location (verbiage may vary by browser)
...provided that wherever you are storing them is a "permitted" site? I tried posting URLs from DropBox and OneDrive and was told "You are not allowed to use that image extension on this community." So is it PhotoBucket or nothing? I really don't need 2 photo storage accounts and I certainly don't want 3!

I'd apologize for going off-topic but it is my thread and there wasn't really a topic to start with so I won't.
bleh.gif

...provided that wherever you are storing them is a "permitted" site? I tried posting URLs from DropBox and OneDrive and was told "You are not allowed to use that image extension on this community." So is it PhotoBucket or nothing? I really don't need 2 photo storage accounts and I certainly don't want 3!

I'd apologize for going off-topic but it is my thread and there wasn't really a topic to start with so I won't.
bleh.gif

No, the drop box or OneDrive are not excluded, but the img insert ling wants the images to be in ".jpg" format. It will not accept .png or .tiff or many other image formats. I have used free accounts from several different web sites (I currently do use Photobucket, and because I have so many images hosted I've had to pay for a subscription) and it works fine from most of them.

Post a hyperlink to one of your images here and I'll see if I can get it to post (I don't have a drop box account)

Edit - Actually you may get more answers to your photo posting questions here: Posting Photos Thread