Oh snap! Please tell me I'm wrong

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bungie

FrostBack #2 - IBA # 44620
Reaction score
Was surfing the dragon thread over on AdvRider and came across this pic of a bashed up FJR. Looking at the rider in the background, it looks like Charlie Hoss! Please tell me I'm wrong.

58773d1127094377-bad-day-dragon-deals-gap-sept.18-012.jpg

That does look a little like Charlie, but I don't think it's him.

Last I knew, Charlie wore a blue jacket and didn't have those white outlines on his pants.

Also, if I can trust the color in the picture, that FJR looks more like an '06 rather than Bass Boat Blue '05.

Anyway, I hope that is the rider standing there. That indicates that he is relatively OK.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks a bit like him but I don't think so. I saved the picture for a closer look and the title was "58773d1127094377-bad-day-dragon-deals-gap-sept_18-012.jpg" which suggests that it is an old photo.

Yikes! That does indeed look a whole lot like Charlie but I like Geezer's keen observations. Plus, where Charlie lives he probably can't get his FJR out through the snow yet. What's more, I suspect that if Charlie was going down to strafe the Dragon he would have been on his Kawasaki.

So at least at this particular turn, it looks like FJRs have a 75% success rate.

I wonder if he'll be willing to sell the RDL seat?

(just kidding, glad the guy looks ok).

Charlie sends me spam email pretty regularly and he hasn't mentioned any little problems. I think Ross has the real answer in his post and it does explain the well developed foliage.

Charlie does indeed have piping on his pants very similar to the pants in the picture. This was taken when Charlie and I stopped on Hurricane Mt Rd to drag this bike out of a gully beside the road, the squid owner that put it in the gully is on the left.

6DitchDivermed.jpg

But, Charlie does wear a blue coat, even on his Kawasaki.

9CharlieandIonmed.jpg

I believe that is a very old picture. I believe it was from either EOM4 or EOM5 in Townsend TN. It was a rider out of Florida that "target fixed" on the truck. I was about a minute behind the actual crash. Best I remember, the rider walked away with and was at the dinner that evening. It really could have been a LOT worse.

Yeah Joe.. being it's few years old he might have been there at the time.

As bull said he was right behind the crash.. Never heard of Charlie going down but he might have witnessed?

I believe that is a very old picture. I believe it was from either EOM4 or EOM5 in Townsend TN. It was a rider out of Florida that "target fixed" on the truck. I was about a minute behind the actual crash. Best I remember, the rider walked away with and was at the dinner that evening. It really could have been a LOT worse.
Glad to here the rider was uninjured. Judging by the damage on both the bike (theirs another pic I'll post up in a sec), and, the damage on the Toyota. That was one hell'uva center punch.

58774d1127094448-bad-day-dragon-deals-gap-sept.18-013.jpg

Looks like the slider did a great job protecting itself :/

If that was the crash at an earlier EOM, from 2005 I believe, then it was on the Dragon and Charlie was there but was not the one who crashed.

I was not there, but I remember being told that it was a Toyota truck that was involved, and the rider target fixated and crossed the line.

Lies, all lies I say! It wasn't me and that's my story. I haven't been near the Dragon in a couple of years and I can prove it. Actually I've been to Texas where I'm having a house built in Canyon Lake. I promised myself in early January that this would be my last Maine winter! 'Beam is right I was just recently able to get my bike out thru the snow. Guess what, Due to some recent freaky warm weather, all our snow just magically disappeared.

That wreck looks a lot like when WPBFJR took on a Toyota Tundra at the EOM in '05 out of Townsend, TN. He was right behind me when it happened.Thankfully, he was except for a couple of fractured fingers.

Thanks for all the concern from all my FJR buds.

The reports of my death have been greatly exaggerated.

Mark Twain

I am very glad that all is well with you Charlie, Papa Chuy just knew that you were too damn tough to die mi Amigo! jes' sayin' and nuff said, ese!