The Make-Up, Make-Up Teddy Bear Run

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lauren_TK

Reaction score
So there was supposed to be a Teddy Bear Run in February. Unlike parts East, it never snows in the Seattle Area. So, of course, it snowed.

In March a few of us wanted to get together and do a make-up run. However, the weather did what we should have expected, and the skies opened up, monsoon-like.

Finally, on Saturday, with good weather in the weather report, a 'Busa rider* organized a last-minute make-up, make-up run. We met up at a, surprise, Starbucks about 20 miles from the hospital. The bikes in attendance were the aforementioned Hyabusa, Charlotte (the Spyder), Lady Feej, a Honda VTX, and a Triumph Bonneville performing sweep duties.

At the pre-ride brief, the ride leader said that she wouldn't be pushing it, as she didn't want to deal with the cops. So it surprised me that we were constantly over the posted speed limit. There were also stretches where we were significantly above the posted speed limit. Many was the time the VTX disappeared from my mirrors.

The country side was very picture worthy, and having my camera with me, I couldn't stop to take pictures due to the heavy wrist of the race ride leader**. I can tell you the most interesting thing I saw was the "MMJ Universe Farmer's Market." That's right, a farmer's market for pot. The parking lot was crowded too. I didn't have much time to ponder such a thing as the 'Busa was already acquiring a noticeable redshift.

I also mounted the GoPro on the bike. I tried out a new location to see if I could get some interesting footage, but the new location mostly captured footage of my fat ass getting on the bike, my fat ass blocking the camera, and my fat ass getting off the bike.

100 miles later, we arrived at the hospital. We delivered the stuffed animals to the reception desk (who delivered a profound "Thank you"), and then had lunch.

We took the short way home.

I'll post the pictures of the teddys when I get home.

* I can't remember her name, but I do remember her bike.
** No wait, I remember her name now. I just won't post it.

Claudette
smile.png

Yeah, the camera got waaaay too much of your fat ass and not nearly enough of that cute Spyder in front of you . . .

Oh . . . was that my outside voice?

I'm gonna be sleeping on the couch again, aren't I?

Just my opinion but... I think it was more a view of a well shaped hip than a fat ass. Since I am something of an expert on fat asses (married to Mrs. Redfish for over 100 years!) my opinion should "carry some weight".

My compliments for your efforts with the Teddy Bear Run. It is amazing what a teddy bear will do for a sick child. Thanks for the good work you and your friends did here.

Thanks for sharing.

My compliments for your efforts with the Teddy Bear Run. It is amazing what a teddy bear will do for a sick child. Thanks for the good work you and your friends did here.

Thanks for sharing.
Claudette deserves an extra round of thanks, as she picked up a bunch of stuffed animals from the riders who couldn't make it. The backpack you see in the video has half a dozen plush critters in it.