MRA X-creen Tour

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I dunno, ~$130 to drill holes in your windshield; holes tend to be permanent. Have you looked at a Laminar Lip? If you mount per instructions they work pretty well. My only complaint is that it sometimes causes my ahamaY over size windshield to mildly flutter.

I ride with a buddy who has the clamp-on version on his busa. He loves it and says it has been fine at speeds well into triple digits.

I use the clamp-on to make winter riding more comfortable. You can tune it a million ways and it can create a cone of silence when adjusted properly. I'm 6'2 and even with my tall Rifle I'm not happy in the winter without it.

I hear ya about the drilling holes thing. I am just not completely happy with my Givi but do not want a huge windshield. I thought that this might fit all issues that it could make things quieter when needed and direct cooling air when too hot.

I just bought one and attached it to a Yamaha touring screen. I'm still playing around with it to get the effect I want. It makes a difference, but it takes a little while to get it dialed in. I did not go with the tour, instead I went with the sport model.

I have used this for a couple of years. I use the clamps to attach it to the stock windscreen. I used it with the double pivot arms for over a year before switching to the single pivot arm mounting. It makes a noticeable difference and works well in deflecting wind-flow. I have noticed the windscreen has a little more vibration at road speeds but nothing that creates a concern. At higher speeds,though, the windscreen begins to shake dramatically, I left it off for a short time after getting my bike back from being repaired due to a collision with a deer, but quickly decided to put it back on. I am happy with what it provides.