Marching across bridges.

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

puppychow

RAWR
Reaction score
Some select narratives and pictures from riding adventures in the month of March, in the beautiful Northern California region, and a tiny bit in the barren and throttle friendly terrain of Nevada.

Link to my blog post below.

https://motorcyclewanderings.blogspot.com/2014/04/marching-across-bridges-with-cell-phone.html

IMAG0751Large.jpg

I hope you enjoy the read my friends, thank you! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Very nice Sam. I know most of the bridges but still haven't hiked into Feather Falls so it was nice to see the picture. What road is the Honey Run Bridge on? Need to get the Katoom over there to check that one out.

Very nice Sam. I know most of the bridges but still haven't hiked into Feather Falls so it was nice to see the picture. What road is the Honey Run Bridge on? Need to get the Katoom over there to check that one out.
Thanks Dougie!

I am sure you would know a better way to get there from Grass Valley on the Katoom, but here is how I would go, if I were to take the Strom there again, I did part of this route on the way there, but not all of it, so feel free to improve the route for me!
smile.png

https://goo.gl/0xC2uN

Thanks Sam, good route but have you ever ridden Cherokee Rd between Oroville and Hwy 70? Bumpy but scenic and has another bridge just a half mile away.

Here's a good friend on his Tuono saving the front tire

IMG_0003_zps3e2df05f.jpg

Thanks Sam, good route but have you ever ridden Cherokee Rd between Oroville and Hwy 70? Bumpy but scenic and has another bridge just a half mile away.
Here's a good friend on his Tuono saving the front tire
No, I haven't! I am going to go check it out when I head for Hwy 70 sometime in early May. Thanks for the Intel! :D

Really enjoye edit enjoyed this.

I have to admit - I've got a thing for bridges. Always have.

That Bridgeport bridge is beautiful - an arch bow within the beam span, ingenious. I hope they save it.

I can count on 1 hand the number of covered bridges I have actually set foot on.

A "bridge bike tour" is something that I look forward to doing.

Nice work Sam! Thanks for keeping us abridged of your tour and now I've got a few more coordinates to plug into the Garmin for future rides up north.

Wonderful photos as always puppychow!!Great sceneries!!
rolleyes.gif
Thanks!!
smile.png
Thanks Mihail!

Really enjoye
I have to admit - I've got a thing for bridges. Always have.

That Bridgeport bridge is beautiful - an arch bow within the beam span, ingenious. I hope they save it.

I can count on 1 hand the number of covered bridges I have actually set foot on.

A "bridge bike tour" is something that I look forward to doing.
Thanks! Glad you enjoyed the read, my pleasure! This world is full of marvels, some natural, others man-made. Filling up a part of your life marveling at and admiring these marvels is a good way to experience life and this world. I hope you take that Bridge bike tour and share your adventures with us!
smile.png

Great read and photos as usual, I'll spend a week down there on of these days.
Thank you and keep us posted when you come on down. There is a treasure trove of roads of all kinds around here, I am discovering some new ones myself.
smile.png

Great stuff as always Sam
smile.png
Thanks Bust!
smile.png

Nice work Sam! Thanks for keeping us abridged of your tour and now I've got a few more coordinates to plug into the Garmin for future rides up north.
Look forward to seeing you and Kathy on your rides up here John. It's been a while, sorry I missed the OM ride, would have been good to see you.

Lovely images, SamBone. Very well done!You sure get out a lot.

I hiked to Feather Falls just last summer. Breathtaking. (Seriously. I'm still out of breath.)
Thanks OM! It's quite the compliment if it is coming from you. Sorry, I couldn't make your and Mark's wine country ride, would have been good seeing some folks, including you, whom I haven't seen in what seems to be ages! I hope there is another RTE soon!
smile.png

Your pictures are incredible. I'm hoping to get up your way soon to score a few bridges
bike.gif
Thanks much!

When are you riding up here? I need to get up further north one of these days also, keep me in the loop on when you are heading up! :)