2006 gone RIP / 2014 ES here!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AtoBthruS

Reaction score
It is with MUCH sadness / JOY I inform ya'll that my 2006 FJR (96,000 miles, 93,000 I put on it) has bit the dust. A little over 3 weeks ago I was on a ride with a group that included some go-fast types (S1000RR, liter Gixxer, Aprilia RSV) and I got a little too motivated and wound up in the dirt. The FJR took it a bit hard (going end over end) and got totaled. I came away with some fairly significant bruises that are still healing but nothing is broken (thank God for good quality gear - ATGATT!!) I loved that bike and was looking forward to putting a minimum of 150,000 miles on it. But alas......

I now have a beautiful 2014 ES that I picked up last night. I have yet to get a full mile on the ODO (trailered it home due the the bruised ribs) but I have already noticed how easily it slips into 1st gear. No more CLUNK into 1st, how nice!

FYI - I paid right at $16,000 including ALL taxes (7%), dealer prep, delivery, etc., etc., et al, et al for those of you planning on this type of purchase!

Tough to say congrats to a guy coming from a crash. But glad you're ok and best of luck with the new one. Another 100k goal ahead...

Hmmm, that's your story and you are sticking to it; hook slide into some dirt.....lol

Sorry about the get-off; good protection and sliding skills kept the bones safe....

Congrats on the new 14ES, the 06' would want you to be happy!

Thanks for all the support! Thankfully, I don't have any serious injuries to heal from.

Hmmm, that's your story and you are sticking to it; hook slide into some dirt.....lolSorry about the get-off; good protection and sliding skills kept the bones safe....

Congrats on the new 14ES, the 06' would want you to be happy!
Remington, as far as the "hook slide into the dirt", I am afraid that is a bit too generous. In fact what happened is the FJR owner (me) got himself in too deep by thinking I could keep pace with the go-fast crowd. Truth is that I love the sporty side of the Feejer and I need to learn my limits. Hopefully I came a long way in that process with this accident!

BTW - I just want to give a "shout out" to Progressive Insurance on how they handled my claim. They paid me full NADA value for the bike along with a $3000 accessory rider I had bought. This on a bike that had 96,000 miles on it!! WHOO-HOO!

Gary

It is with MUCH sadness / JOY I inform ya'll that my 2006 FJR (96,000 miles, 93,000 I put on it) has bit the dust. A little over 3 weeks ago I was on a ride with a group that included some go-fast types (S1000RR, liter Gixxer, Aprilia RSV) and I got a little too motivated and wound up in the dirt. The FJR took it a bit hard (going end over end) and got totaled. I came away with some fairly significant bruises that are still healing but nothing is broken (thank God for good quality gear - ATGATT!!) I loved that bike and was looking forward to putting a minimum of 150,000 miles on it. But alas......
I now have a beautiful 2014 ES that I picked up last night. I have yet to get a full mile on the ODO (trailered it home due the the bruised ribs) but I have already noticed how easily it slips into 1st gear. No more CLUNK into 1st, how nice!

FYI - I paid right at $16,000 including ALL taxes (7%), dealer prep, delivery, etc., etc., et al, et al for those of you planning on this type of purchase!
Last Saturday, the 12th of April, I hit a deer going about 60mph. Somehow I did not go down. I didn't get a scratch on me, but the bike did not fair as well. Took out the fairing, radiator, overflow bottle, left saddlebag, exhaust and teeked the rear subframe. Insurance company totalled it so I am taking the farlkles off before the salvage people come to get it. Check is on it's way from the insurance company and new ES is signed for and will be delivered as soon as the check comes. Great bike for 102,000 miles.

Good to hear both of you FJR peeps are staying the brand and not drinking bmwkoolaid or kowosocky juice!

Learning something here....Accessory rider?

Didn't know that existed.

I need to be speaking to my agent.

WOW! A deer strike and kept rolling.....These are the type of unfortunate accidents I love to read about. Minimum personal injury.