Vizi Tec SupaBrake II brake llight modulator.

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SCOTTIE

Reaction score
I recently bought a 2007 FJR to replace my FZ6. I have a Motodynamic integrated LED brake light installed on the FZ6 and was so convinced of its safety benefits that I wanted to do the same thing on the FJR, but nobody makes that same thing for an FJR.

Google is your friend and I cam across this (Supa Brake 2) from ViziTec.

Some of the features I liked about it was the fact that if it is triggered it has a variable "grace" period between brake applications so that it isn't constantly flashing, but does have a force flash retrigger. It also gives out more pulses the longer it has been since the last brake application. It has a "decaying flash" in as much that the flashes get longer as the cycle goes along.

The unit is configurable with both the flash rate and grace period algorithm so if you use incandescent bulbs you can have the flash rate slower (the bulbs don't react as fast !!) and if you use LEDs you can have a faster flash rate. There are 3 settings available for both.

I had read on here that this wasn't compatible with the 2007 Gen II, but I emailed Bernard who runs Vizi-tec and he assured me that it worked just fine. Anyway I ordered one and it came in real fast. Since it comes with both a male and female connector already installed installation truly is plug and play. I removed the side panel, plugged it in and was all done in about 10 mins. Originally I had it set for a slow flash rate, but when I also swapped out the bulbs for LED 1157s I switched to a faster flash rate.

If you use the code KXX5TS you should get 20% off your order.

I have no commercial connection with this company, but their product is easy to install, works and they are offering a discount.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks, Scottie (sorry, couldn't do it in all caps...) Any chance you took pics of the install & a vid in action? I'm going back to their page and see if there's one there. I had a "Brake!" modulator on my 1150GS and definitely liked the conspicuity factor.

WOW,

A bit on the $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ expensive side.

These are the brake light flashers I ordered in on a Aussie group buy, approx $25.

BRAKEF1000.JPG

Interesting product Scottie, all be it a bit on the pricey side. I've been using a brake flasher unit from Kissan for many years now and I think it was priced similarly to the SupaBrake II, but there were no suitable cheaper options back than...

QLDKen, thanks for the link for the cheaper flasher, that's low enough that I might get one of the DP bike.

Pricey? Have you looked at Kisan or Kriss recently? The "Brake!" unit I had was $100 eight years ago. That was a full tail light unit with LED conversion though.