Download source for 2005 FJR workshop manual

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

73jagman

Reaction score
Any reccomendations of a quality download source for an electronic copy workshop manual for my 2005 FJR1300A?

I have seen multiple websites offering PDF manual downloads for ~$10, but i had a bad experience downloading a similar manual for my Mini Cooper S. Would like not to repeat that waste of money.

Thanks,

Terry

The reason it was a waste of money is because the vendor simply scanned a real manual and made a PDF, and who knows of what quality or legibility.

Oh, yeah.... they did so illegally, as well.

Seriously...How hard is it to read the fucking rules? Maybe it's just me, but I like making sure I'm up to date on shit.

Jag man...Go back and read the rules they asked you to read. Your answer is in there.

Uh, what Zilla is saying with his usual eloquence is that we do NOT steal from Yamaha. We buy the manual, we don't cheat and get a pirate copy off the internet.

Yes, that is part of the rules package here. And if you do succeed in your efforts to obtain a pirate copy we don't want to know about it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Get the part number "lit xxxxx" and save a search on ebay. If the listing has binder holes it is likely genuine.

I agree with Redfish. When Zilla takes his meds and calms the hell down, he'll come back and politely inform you that you should buy the genuine Yamaha manual. We don't want Yamaha to think we are condoning piracy of their copywrited material. Don't think for a second that Yamaha isn't on here listening to every word that is posted on here. It's the best FJR Forum on the planet and they know it.

Cheers! :)

I got so excited when i joined up here that I read all the rules and stuff too fast to digest them...asked some dumb questions that i missed the answers to...and got guidance on what to re-read and how to search, etc...

Do yourself a favor, read the rules over slowly and carefully, then read the bin o facts and other suggested reading for your Gen bike (the guys who told you what to read first when you joined are absolute PROS)... then .. when you are done with all that, ask a couple questions about which oil, tires, and the size sheep we like and tell us what you think is best (...Kidding.. dont do that......... yet...)

Welcome to the forum, you have a nice quality bike, and just joined a nice quality bunch of folks all in the pursuit of knowledge and comaraderie, with a desire to share thiers.

Owning a machine of this caliber comes with some expenses, a good manual will likely deliver the highest cost/benefit of anything you buy for your bike... Either go to Yammie and buy a new book or look in the for Capitolism and Bartering section here... you might see one for sale, or you could post up in the "wanted" section to see if anyone has what you need... there is always fleabay...but Meh...I find it not so great most of the time anymore.

Aside from being illegal out there and outlawed in here, the PDF stuff is usually shit anyway.. crooked images captured from dirty books, and not usually searchable cause they scan it as pics... you want a nice clear reference manual for your bike.

Good luck :)

Nope...People need to learn to pay attention. Maybe that should be the question in order to join: "Where is the only place a genuine Yamaha manual may be purchased new? Are electronic copies acceptable?"

People spend anywhere from $4k to $16k on these bikes, yet some are too cheap to spend $90 on a genuine FSM.

Ahhhhhh.... No meds yet tonight, huh? You're absolutely right. But, Dude! There's a velvet glove caressing you back, and there's a sandpaper glove caressing your nads. Which would you prefer? :)

Nope...People need to learn to pay attention. Maybe that should be the question in order to join: "Where is the only place a genuine Yamaha manual may be purchased new? Are electronic copies acceptable?"
People spend anywhere from $4k to $16k on these bikes, yet some are too cheap to spend $90 on a genuine FSM.
I was able to order my genuine manual from the dealer for $70.00.

It was an easy thing.

Ahhhhhh.... No meds yet tonight, huh? You're absolutely right. But, Dude! There's a velvet glove caressing you back, and there's a sandpaper glove caressing your nads. Which would you prefer? :)
I'm kind of greedy. I want both!
rolleyes.gif

I had to buy the Genuine Honda Manual for my ST1300 but I have never bought the Yamaha manual for Dad's FJR. This forum has given me EVERYTHING I need to do every job that ever came up with the FJR. This forum is THE source for information. And it is free!

You can get a legal FJR manual on CD by Techspark Studio for $15 and there is also the Haynes paper manual for $30+. Both are available from Amazon. This isn't a recommendation since I haven't used either one. If you can afford it get the official service manual from Yamaha. It's as good as I've ever seen as factory manuals go towards being user friendly to the amateur mechanic.

You can get a legal FJR manual on CD by Techspark Studio for $15...
What makes you think this? Seriously, show your work
smile.png

From Techspark's web site:

Use of various companies’ names and product lines within this software exists only for descriptive and informational purposes and does not infer any direct connection between this software and these companies.

You can get a legal FJR manual on CD by Techspark Studio for $15...
What makes you think this? Seriously, show your work
smile.png

From Techspark's web site:

Use of various companies’ names and product lines within this software exists only for descriptive and informational purposes and does not infer any direct connection between this software and these companies.
I'm not going to bother researching this but I don't see where your quote constitutes anything illegal. Anybody can write a manual for anything they want - they're just saying they have no connection to Yamaha. Plus, I doubt Amazon would sell something that violates copyright law. They'd be in big trouble.

I'm not going to bother researching this but I don't see where your quote constitutes anything illegal. Anybody can write a manual for anything they want plus I doubt Amazon would sell something that violates copyright law. They'd be in big trouble.
It depends. Is Amazon the actual seller, or is Amazon simply listing the sale?

If Amazon learns that a listed item violates copyright, they only get in trouble if they don't pull the listing.

I can't tell if Techspark is selling scans or not. However, as a technical writer who writes manuals for a living, I am very suspicous of a manual that only costs $15.00. That tells me that the manual is stolen or very badly written.