Yeah, I finally picked up the 2014 FJR-ES

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xcsp

Reaction score
After a long, cold & snowy Wisconsin winter I finally took delivery of a new FJR-ES!

Only had time to ride it home the short 15 miles from the dealer so other than to comment that it shifted smooth, the stock windscreen seemed to work better than expected not much else to say at this time.

If anyone is in the market for a nice, clean, well-cared-for '03 Gen 1, my trade is on the dealer's showroom floor. You know they are the far superior, faster ones!!!

Here's the obligatory 1st pic:

Congrats man! Coming from a "superior" gen 1, you will really be amazed at the refinements made to the third gen of this platform! Let the farkleing begin!!

Nice! You will love it. And be glad you have one. From what I hear the ES will be getting tough to find as we head into summer.

Congrats xcsp!! I know the feeling.
smile.png

Congrats! Too bad lots of your previous farkles wont transfer. But then again, it's nice to get fresh new in-the-box farkles too. Enjoy the ...snow?? Where are all these storms coming from?

Another Cheezer here looking for an ES. Went to Team Motorsports in DePere but was not overly impressed by their willingness to deal. Still include several add ons like doc fees and freight. Where did you buy and how did you find the dealer? Willing to travel for a good deal on an ES. So far, the Memphis dealer has the best price. By the way, your new bike looks great. Please let me know if you have a chance. Thanks.

Congrats on the new scooter, may she bring you many smiles & many miles.

Today was supposed to be the day I picked up my ES. That was until yesterday when I received a call no one wants to get: The bike fell over when they were washing it
banghead.gif
. The mirror, lower fairing & saddle bag should be in this week, I'm hoping to be in the saddle next weekend.

Congrats on the new scooter, may she bring you many smiles & many miles.Today was supposed to be the day I picked up my ES. That was until yesterday when I received a call no one wants to get: The bike fell over when they were washing it
banghead.gif
. The mirror, lower fairing & saddle bag should be in this week, I'm hoping to be in the saddle next weekend.
Sounds like the kickstands may be a Gen I carryover.

Congrats on the new scooter, may she bring you many smiles & many miles.Today was supposed to be the day I picked up my ES. That was until yesterday when I received a call no one wants to get: The bike fell over when they were washing it
banghead.gif
Thanks Sno Cat, sorry to hear about your bike, hope they have it ready to go quickly for you.

Another Cheezer here looking for an ES. Went to Team Motorsports in DePere but was not overly impressed by their willingness to deal. Still include several add ons like doc fees and freight. Where did you buy and how did you find the dealer? Willing to travel for a good deal on an ES. So far, the Memphis dealer has the best price. By the way, your new bike looks great. Please let me know if you have a chance. Thanks.
Purchased from Team's store in Oshkosh, but may want to check with Sheboygan Yamaha also?

Congrats on your new ride. I had no idea the ES was an option again, its the only way I would get one again.

Congrats on your new ride!! Order the red side panels from PartShark.com. You will love the look!!
Still thinking about the red panels, have a few other items to add first.

Congrats on your new ride. I had no idea the ES was an option again, its the only way I would get one again.
The ES wasn't an option previously, maybe you were thinking of the AE model?