Ok who is the crazy Connecticut FJR guy?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eatpasta

Reaction score
Because now Im super curious

you pissed off someone over at ADV something bad. Blue FJR, in Newtown going too fast this morning....

anyone? Bueller?

whistle.gif

joef

To whom it may concern, you know who you are.
4-18-14 9:30 AM Rt. 6 Newtown, CT. going up the hill leaving town heading west.
The speed limit is 35 for a reason.
Thank you for not hitting my Minivan with me, my wife and kids in it.
You should thank me for not killing you as I knew you were traveling outside your skill level and anticipated your crossing the line by the way you were drifting into my lane.
Also thank my wife for not letting me turn around to pursue you, in retrospect she once again proved she was right as always.

Silverish blue Yamaha FJR with panniers on and a sticker on your windscreen.
PM me if you wish to discuss in private.

Thanks for ruining my underwear.

ADV is the mad house, you would have better luck finding this hooligan there than here on FJRForum. We are all old, slow, decrepit and ride mobility scooters around here. ;) :p

I do recall recently reading another thread of some scooter that was turned into a trike...so I take it that one was yours?
jester.gif

Man...People have such egos when they are behind a computer screen. Gotta wonder. I would say it was one of our resident NERDS, but the last few years here have taught me a couple things.

1: An astonishing number of FJR owners, probably most, are not members here and unaware this board even exists.

2: None of the superior Gen1 gentlemen here would ever ride beyond their control as accused in the ADV thread.

Last edited by a moderator:
There is no way for any of us to know which driver/rider was actually the cause of the situation, how each of them were driving/riding, what they were thinking at the time, and if there even was a close call or just someone overreacting. I have passed many drivers and I know that most of us have exceeded the speed limit. I have had drivers flip me the bird simply because I dared to go around them. I have had drivers try to prevent me from pulling back into their lane after going around them simply because they didn't want anyone going faster than them.

"The speed limit is 35 for a reason." I say
tonguesmiley.gif
to that one.

Well I've never been in Connecticut, and I never exceed the speed limit. The County Deputy that gave me a verbal this morning didn't buy that last part either.
blind.gif
It is half true, never been in Connecticut.

"The speed limit is 35 for a reason." I say
tonguesmiley.gif
to that one.
My brother the LEO lived in the next town over so I'm familiar with the area. I would agree that 35 mph is the speed limit for a reason. While you can for sure go faster there will be places where you will be out of your lane to do it.

"The speed limit is 35 for a reason." I say :tonguesmiley: to that one.
My brother the LEO lived in the next town over so I'm familiar with the area. I would agree that 35 mph is the speed limit for a reason. While you can for sure go faster there will be places where you will be out of your lane to do it.
It was Ionbeam...Or his hooligan brother. Gawd you guys. Lol...

My brother has moved on and is now the Chief of Police in Beaver Dam WI. Much to his regret. It isn't any better than it sounds. Got any openings in NM for a real police man's police man? (For real! Moving is his first objective.)

Last edited by a moderator:
My brother has moved on and is now the Chief of Police in Beaver Dam WI. Much to his regret. It isn't any better than it sounds. Got any openings in NM for a real police man's police man? (For real! Moving is his first objective.)
We have tons, and my boss is really wanting Lateral transfers. I can send you the info if you want. However, from Chief of Police to lowest on the totem pole, graveyards with shitty days off may not be the change he's looking for. I know UNM will bring people in at rank depending on experience. I can get you that info too.

I can also tell you that department politics are the same everywhere. They suck. The only difference is location and pay. I guess it comes down to willingness to put up with shenanigans for the pay an privilege to live somewhere you like. Lol...

ADV is the mad house, you would have better luck finding this hooligan there than here on FJRForum. We are all old, slow, decrepit and ride mobility scooters around here.
wink.png
tongue.png
I know you only have a Gen I, but isn't "mobility scooter" a little harsh? It's still an FJR, after all.....
rolleyes.gif

ADV is the mad house, you would have better luck finding this hooligan there than here on FJRForum. We are all old, slow, decrepit and ride mobility scooters around here.
wink.png
tongue.png
I know you only have a Gen I, but isn't "mobility scooter" a little harsh? It's still an FJR, after all.....
rolleyes.gif
Hey it scoots and it is mobile, but that's besides the point. I was referring to ALL FJRs. I think it's time someone made an "FJR mobility scooter" sticker.. :p

Latest posts