Paint it "RED" and they will come

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

XHD4FJR

Reaction score
Took delivery of a 2014 ES yesterday, After a couple of months of debating if I really needed a new FJR I took the plunge.

Had talked to D&H and thought about doing a fly and ride but one night while looking at Cycle Trader online i found these guys.

https://hillsviewmotorsports.com, Latrobe, Pa the advertised price seemed to good to be true so i called. To my suprise the bike was in stock and only a small freight & setup fee would be added in the end it was still the best OTD price I could find anywhere and only 80 miles from home.

Enjoyed the ride home and got another 100 miles in this morning so far so good a deffinet inprovement over the 07 I sold several years ago.

Tom at Hillsview was great to deal with best price at the start no hassel no BS, I mean these guys just made it way to easy I saw RED and they had me!

This was the last ES in stock but they had just received 2 A's

Hmmmm... Those could very well be those Chinese FJR knock-offs that have been reported(?)

Just joshing- Congrats!!!

I am waiting for a BLUE gen 3 !
and you'll keep waiting...

You don't know what to do with your '08, how would you manage to ride a new Gen 3!?

Took delivery of a 2014 ES yesterday, After a couple of months of debating if I really needed a new FJR I took the plunge.
Had talked to D&H and thought about doing a fly and ride but one night while looking at Cycle Trader online i found these guys.

https://hillsviewmotorsports.com, Latrobe, Pa the advertised price seemed to good to be true so i called. To my suprise the bike was in stock and only a small freight & setup fee would be added in the end it was still the best OTD price I could find anywhere and only 80 miles from home.

Enjoyed the ride home and got another 100 miles in this morning so far so good a deffinet inprovement over the 07 I sold several years ago.

Tom at Hillsview was great to deal with best price at the start no hassel no BS, I mean these guys just made it way to easy I saw RED and they had me!

Congrats!

Red's my favorite color for a bike/car.

After riding it for a bit, what do you think are the best improvements over your 07??

Ok this is weird, I click on your l;ink about the dealer and it brings me right back to this thread???

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats on the new ES!

Now it's time to make it yours...
punk.gif

--G

https://hillviewmotorsports.com, Latrobe, Pa the advertised price seemed to good to be true so i called. To my suprise the bike was in stock and only a small freight & setup fee would be added in the end it was still the best OTD price I could find anywhere and only 80 miles from home.

Congrats!

Red's my favorite color for a bike/car.

After riding it for a bit, what do you think are the best improvements over your 07??

Ok this is weird, I click on your l;ink about the dealer and it brings me right back to this thread???
Don't know whats up with the link? https://www.hillviewmotorsports.com

Last edited by a moderator:
Haven't had a lot of time to explore all the features but i like the new dash layout lots of info, easy to toggle through all the features. Heated grips + cruise control + Mode control lets you dial things back to 7/10th's. I've only ridden with all suspension setting at 0 (neutral) but it seems firmer than i remember my 07. windshield stays put is another plus over 07 and it's RED