Soon to be Feej!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rambler

Reaction score
was it a good choice for my first FJR?

2009 / 1300AE / 31000 miles / never been down, previous owner had it from new.

Charcoal / Silver color. Original Yamaha hardcases - no Top Case.

fitted with HeatTroller and Remote Alarm.

I expect to pick it up this weekend. Anything I should watch out for / be careful about for this model/spec year?

Last edited by a moderator:
Last year AE was imported. Make sure recalls have been performed and it'll be good to go!

Congrats and enjoy the new [to you] FJR!

--G

YOU WILL LOVE THE AE MODLE. Just picked mine up 3 weeks ago. so easy to ride in town. Don't know why

anyone would want a manual clutch. But I guess being 58 has a lot to do with it. :)

Congratulations!

Enjoy, take time to get to the bike before you "celebrate" too much with your right wrist.

Last year AE was imported. Make sure recalls have been performed and it'll be good to go!
Congrats and enjoy the new [to you] FJR!

--G

I had the VIN # from the seller. Talked to two local Yamaha dealers to look up the history based on VIN #. There were two recalls and both have been done. The history of ownership etc. also checked out. For the sake of it and because I had one available - I also ran a CycleChex VIN Check. A-OK.

YOU WILL LOVE THE AE MODLE. Just picked mine up 3 weeks ago. so easy to ride in town. Don't know whyanyone would want a manual clutch. But I guess being 58 has a lot to do with it.
smile.png

That is the one thing - after actually owning the bike and riding it - I am looking forward to.

It will probably mean some stupid moments when the left hand looks for the clutch lever, doesn't find it, brain panics, then realization sets in, and then the ensuing bug collecting cheesy grin!

Congratulations! Enjoy, take time to get to the bike before you "celebrate" too much with your right wrist.
I hear you! Thanks. I expect a slow 'running-in' period before I would 'celebrate'. Perhaps about an hour or so after getting into the saddle!

Kidding. I will be learning the bike and allow it to learn me too!