2009 FJR AE Seat

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rambler

Reaction score
2009 1300AE will be my first FJR. Can't wait to get on that FJR Saddle. Talking of which....

Is the stock seat 'long-ride' friendly?

I have a AirHawk R Cushion. Wondering if it will be useful on the FJR.

~ RJ

Most people say no. I'm nearing 50K on my stock seat. I use a beadrider when it's hot. Most of my trips I do 4-600 mile days, so give it a chance before you spend a bunch of money on a replacement.

I did 2 LD rallies last year on a stock seat. Both in the 1k to 1.2k miles over 24 hour period range. I found that if you can ride with the seat in the high position that helps a lot. I've also upgraded to a Laam custom seat for this year though.

Your Airhawk will help you get extra mileage out of your stock seat. Custom seats are often better. The stock seat isn't great, but it doesn't suck as hard as some other stock seats.

Each ass is different, so I recommend going with what you have, and if your ass isn't happy, then get a custom seat.

Your Airhawk will help you get extra mileage out of your stock seat. Custom seats are often better. The stock seat isn't great, but it doesn't suck as hard as some other stock seats.
Each ass is different, so I recommend going with what you have, and if your ass isn't happy, then get a custom seat.
You said "ass" twice!