Then Came Bronson event - Fri/Sat/Sun, April 25/26/27.

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beemerdons

Certifiable Old Fart
Reaction score
Then Came Bronson event - Fri/Sat/Sun, April 25/26/27.

An acquaintance from another forum will be in town this weekend to celebrate the Bronson legacy. He has a replica bike and he personally knew Birney Jarvis, the inspiration for the movie and TV show. He knew him well enough to be one of those chosen to scatter the ashes of Birney after his death.

Here's the deal on the event:
https://www.buddystubbshd.com/event_list_detail.asp?ecode=641453&month=4&year=2014&location=0&Submit=Search?mobile=n

Here's the obit on Birney:
https://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/article/Birney-Jarvis-former-Chronicle-reporter-dies-3619248.php

I'll be up there some time on Saturday.

TCBFLIER_575.jpg

And who can forget the wedding dress scene on the beach with Bonnie Bedelia who later came to fame in the Die Hard movies?

This is Don, one of the folks that will be bringing his bike to the display.
Bronson-1.jpg

Don, riding across the Bixby Creek Bridge, 40 years to the day of the movie premiere.
P1010234_zps685d7a2c.jpg

Don and Birney with the replica bike that Don built.
902218429_RLCbU-L.jpg

That show was what gave me the itch to travel on two wheels and I've enjoyed many such trips since. Don't recall that show ever being rerun but, if they ever do, I'll watch and enjoy it again.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yea…that was almost that sportie on the beach.

From BMW Max: "My first new bike was a 1970 or 71 Yamaha DT-1 250 Enduro and I rode it to Albuquerque with a Yellow Front sleeping bag bungeed to the bars a la Bronson. The hill climber posing as a Sportster was a CZ motocrosser."

Here is Papa Chuy Viejo on the 1970 Harley-Davidson XLCH Bronson Sportster, funny thing is I don't remember the bike being so small when I owned one 44 years ago! jes' sayin' and nuff said!

DSCF1070.jpg

Don - owner of this XLCH, BeemerDonS and Billy - he also had his XLCH there.

DSCF1069.jpg

Don, Buddy of Buddy Stubbs Harley-Davidson - winningest H-D Factory Racer and Billy with his Sportster in the background.

DSCF1071.jpg

The 1963 split window fuel injected 4 speed Corvette that Buddy Stubbs bought new in 1963, with his winnings money from AMA Motorcycle Racing successes!

DSCF1080.jpg

My Miss Donna alongside of the three separate displays featuring Then Came Bronson Memorabilia.

DSCF1067.jpg

Don's Bronson Tribute Bike:

DSCF1061.jpg

There were a total of nine Bronson Tribute bikes, the ones on the floor were authentic Ironhead engines while three outside were using the Evo 1200 motor.

DSCF1074.jpg

Nice job was done on XLCH using 1200 Evolution motor conversions, you won't have to have your right knee rebuilt like Papa Chuy did from kickstarting!

DSCF1059.jpg

My first new bike was a 1970 or 71 Yamaha DT-1 250 Enduro and I rode it to Albuquerque with a Yellow Front sleeping bag bungeed to the bars a la Bronson. The hill climber posing as a Sportster was a CZ motocrosser.

Our AZB Max certainly knows his Motorcycle History, this display showcases the article on their using a CZ motocrosser and the rider was famous Mr. Bud Ekins!

DSCF1072.jpg

The '63 Vette Stingray of Buddy Stubbs, with his historical vehicle BUDDY Arizona license plate.

DSCF1078.jpg

This Corvette with the original factory fuel injection plus four speed makes it the ultimate collector!

DSCF1081.jpg

Man oh man, Papa Chuy Viejo would look so damned fine behind the wheel of this Vette Fuelie!

DSCF1080.jpg

Nicely detailed writeup on Michael Parks the Actor, Bud Ekins who did all of the Stunt work and a nice analysis of the Harley-Davidson 1970 XLCH Ironhead Sportster.

DSCF1066.jpg

Texas T Brian's Friend Billy's Sportster, exactly like in the TV Show: Hang in There! What a line!

DSCF1062.jpg

Another nice XLH 1200 Evo conversion, but you still can't beat the original Ironheads for pure style!

DSCF1060.jpg

Every time I see Vintage Ironhead Sportys I get weak in the heart and soft in the head, then I remember how hard they were to start with a damaged XLCH knee!

DSCF1064.jpg

Nice, I would have loved to have been there to check out the bikes and memorabilia, thanks for the pictures.
https://jimbronson.com lone rider if your motorcycle travels ever take you to Texas give me a month's advance notice, eight of these Bronson bikes are in TX and I can arrange a tour for you to see them all!

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice, I would have loved to have been there to check out the bikes and memorabilia, thanks for the pictures.
https://jimbronson.com lone rider if your motorcycle travels ever take you to Texas give me a month's advance notice, eight of these Bronson bikes are in TX and I can arrange a tour for you to see them all!
Thanks, I'll be sure to take you up on that offer if I'm ever able to take the trip I've been wanting. I'd love to see that part of the country.

Latest posts