Removing Plastic

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sprint_st

Reaction score
There are a couple of threads on similar topic, but I'm having a problem getting the plastic off that is to the outside of the battery. I have the A and C panels off as well as all visible screws and the right mirror. It seems like there is something around the headlight holding it but I can't tell what it is. Do you have to take apart the whole front end to get at this area on an 06? I want to do some electrical work in conjunction with installing a junction box. It sure would be easier if I could get that plastic off and I'm not too anxious to brake any plastic either. Any assistance or advice would be appreciated.

Rod,

Send me a PM with your email address, and I'll email you back a tech bulletin that shows you step by step how to remove the plastic-

Hal

Heck I'll bite.

greg marbach @ hotmail. com (eliminate spaces)

I just took this piece off last night on my 04 for the first time. It was a bi-atch! I am assuming it's the same for the 06/07, but perhaps not. There are two of the hex screws in the front of that piece. Once connects to the headlight cluster and one to the center fairing plastic. They are a motherfucker to get to. You most definitely want to drop the lower (big) fairing plastic. Then you will at least be able to see them. Getting an allen wrench to them is an entirely different thing altogether. I will try to take some pics later.

Last edited by a moderator:

TexasFJR,

I appreciate you doing this - as does my ISP !!

The admins on this forum have the document and are examining any possible copyright violations in posting it on the forum site -

However - now that you've got it posted, perhaps the admins can simply link to your location for the document.

Hey - if anyone out there posted their email, and I haven't sent it to you, just grab it off of TexasFJR's link above, or send me a PM - and I'll forward it.

KD

Now I find this , and I just removed the front cowling today.

The tech bulletin makes it look easy, and it probably is the second time you do it.

There is a rod with a hex screw that connects to the front cowling in front of the battery box on the '06.

I had to remove the battery box to get at it.

Not sure what the proper way to do this is, but I haven't read the tech bulletin yet.

TexasFJR,

I appreciate you doing this - as does my ISP !!

The admins on this forum have the document and are examining any possible copyright violations in posting it on the forum site -

However - now that you've got it posted, perhaps the admins can simply link to your location for the document.

Hey - if anyone out there posted their email, and I haven't sent it to you, just grab it off of TexasFJR's link above, or send me a PM - and I'll forward it.

KD
I tried to print out the tech pdf but all that came out was a load of garbled pages? can you email it to me at [email protected]

Thanks