• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Silicone Earplugs @ Fred Meyer, cheap.

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JamesW

JamesW
Reaction score
I have been using these types of ear protection ever since I decided against putting things in my ear canals. Normally they sell for about $2.25ish for 4 plugs (2pair) in a pkg, or a bigger package of 12 for about $6.50. They come in a clear plastic box. Discovered a 4 plug pkg for 1.39 @ Fred Meyers. Kroger brand. I generally use 1 pr. a day, starting with a fresh set every morning.

Generally use cut-down foamies but at this price might just check out the silicone version...

Thanks for the heads-up Jim!

--G

I have been using these types of ear protection ever since I decided against putting things in my ear canals. Normally they sell for about $2.25ish for 4 plugs (2pair) in a pkg, or a bigger package of 12 for about $6.50. They come in a clear plastic box. Discovered a 4 plug pkg for 1.39 @ Fred Meyers. Kroger brand. I generally use 1 pr. a day, starting with a fresh set every morning.
Since you dont put them in your ear canals, how do they work? Got pictures?

Since you dont put them in your ear canals, how do they work? Got pictures?
No pictures, it is a somewhat sticky, malleable, silicone that form fits and seals the outside of the orifice. My choice of options. Most common brand seems to be MACKS Pillow Soft Silicone Putty Earplugs. 22dB and comfortable.

Last edited by a moderator: