Lower front footpegs Gen 3

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

roadancer

Reaction score
Looking for info on subject for Gen 3 . Tried fitting some last year , but were for Gen 1/2 with only one mount flange peg attach point. The pillon has a double flange on both ends of the bracket so no issue there.

The reason for wanting double flange is for a small hip issue where to mount bike I first have to stand on the peg. I'm way to jumpy about a single flange with the load I place on the peg.

If you've seen or know about a fitment, I'd appreciate it...

Roadancer

I tried to fit the ML lowering adapters but came to find out that there was only one of the two flanges available where the peg actually mounts. Also I would have to have gone with a peg from a previous model year FJ that was configured for a single flange peg . That said I'm not willing to sacrifice the strength available from the two flange system given the fact that I must stand on the peg to mount the bike each and every time. For the life of me I cannot see why this has not been addressed to be the same as the pillon version.

Thanks for the response, let me know if you see something..

Roadancer

Hi,

That's an option,, I think I'll jump in and get a set, install then modify as I see fit.

Great SITE everybody pitches in.

thx