Forget the Pacific Coast

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I sat on one of these a couple days ago, and the brake fluid reservoirs block the view of the side mirrors.

No, really. The mirrors are unusable.

He's talking about the bike Janet....

And judging by that picture Lauren is right, the mirrors are a complete afterthought.

Makes all the noise here about how bad ours are seem kinda silly don't it?

Last edited by a moderator:
I sat on one of these a couple days ago, and the brake fluid reservoirs block the view of the side mirrors.
I've owned several ST's (an 1100 and 2 1300's) and this has been a problem on every single one.

SERIOUSLY!

I've been on some bikes with bad mirror placement (ST included), but this one takes the cake.

Next time you are in a Honda dealership, sit on one, and you'll experience a whole new level of WTF-ery where mirrors are concerned.

I've owned several ST's (an 1100 and 2 1300's) and this has been a problem on every single one.
Interesting. I find the mirrors on my ST1300 to be perfect. Of course my shoulders are still somewhat wider than my waist so the lower mirrors work well.

According to Rider Magazine this abomination has about 75 HP and 65 ft/lbs of torque. This is way less than the ST1300 it was derived from with about 114 HP and 78 ft/lbs of torque. Yet it weighs about the same as the old ST1300. That alone tells me this thing is undesirable. (My ST #s disagree with Rider's, I used older figures)

The only redeeming characteristic is the color.

According to Rider Magazine this abomination has about 75 HP and 65 ft/lbs of torque. This is way less than the ST1300 it was derived from with about 114 HP and 78 ft/lbs of torque. Yet it weighs about the same as the old ST1300. That alone tells me this thing is undesirable.
Yep, I'm not happy unless a bike has about 95HP and 70lbs of torque or more, but I'm a big boy too at 6'0" and 250lbs.

If I was gonna get a cruiser I think it would be the Yamaha Raider (One of the Best looking power cruisers IMOP) or a Victory.

I like the clean looking motors of the Victory.

I wish Honda would just concentrate on making great motorcycles instead of trying to reinvent the wheel

FOR EXAMPLE

HONDA_CB1100_-_2009_Tokyo_MotorShow.jpg

and how about a new CBX?

weirdsmiley.gif