What's your Feejer Gear ATGATT

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rambler

Reaction score
I currently have

• Aerostick AD1 Pants. Love them in the cold and rain. Just need to break them in a little faster.
  • Leather Jacket from my Triumph Days; Mugello. Will probably changing to a Darien Light
  • Dianese Boots: They're good but still looking for better. I prefer a little 'heel height'
  • Tourmaster Gloves. Will probably get a pair of Elkskins from Aerostich
  • LDComfort Unders; Recent rides have been with LD Unders and Jacket and Stich AD1 pants. Perfect combo
Edit:

• Shoei NeoTec Modular with Scala G9

What's in your ATGATT Closet?

Last edited by a moderator:
Motoport Ultra II 1000D Cordura Pants

Teknic Freeway Jacket, Scorpion XDR Mesh Jacket...both HiViz

Icon Patrol Boots

Cortech Scarab Winter Gloves, Racer High End Gloves

Nolan N104 Helmet w/B4+ N-Comm System

To many combinations to list.

Today will be First gear mesh,TCX boots,deer skin gloves and a Nolan helmet.

Shoei X11 with pinlock

FirstGear Teton Jacket/Olympia Airglide II

Held gloves (Steve/Warm 'n Dry/Airstream)

IXS Goretex pants/Olympia Airglide II/III

LD underwear

Dianese Fulcrum Goretex boots.

Custom Molded Earplugs

Icon Patrol Boots
How do you find the Icons?

Comfort? Use in rain? cold?

Been eyeing the brown pair.
I like them a lot, very comfortable on and off the bike.

Never have soaked through...and I've ridden through some torrential rains.

They are good for the winters we get here in NE Ohio, I've tested them down to below 16 degrees F.

So overall a great boot.

Klim Badlands Pro hi-viz jacket.

Klim Traverse pants.

Shoei Qwest Overt hi-viz helmet.

gloves = depend on the temperature. I'm a glove whore. I have waaaaaay too many gloves.

boots = cheap. Vega, I think. But surprisingly comfortable for walking 3-4 miles. Anything farther and I'll switch to Merrell Jungle Mocs.

and some wicked cool sunglasses.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Rambler" data-cid="1144450" data-time="1398960229"><p>

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="SCOTTIE" data-cid="1144444" data-time="1398958717"><p>Custom Molded Earplugs</p></blockquote>

<br />

These probably wouldn't 'work' with a blue tooth headset speakers in that would the music and / or calls audio still filter through when wearing these plugs?</p></blockquote>

This is what I use with me Sena BT. Works well together.

Custom Molded Earplugs
These probably wouldn't 'work' with a blue tooth headset speakers in that would the music and / or calls audio still filter through when wearing these plugs?
I like my custom molded earplugs in conjunction with my Sena SMH10R Bluetooth headset better than the speakers alone, a lot more!!

Aerostich Roadcrafter One Piece (Hi-Viz)

Shoei Multitec Helmet with Sena SMH10

Etymotic Research Earplugs

LD comfort undergarments

Elkskin gloves, with silk inserts when needed

Warm N Safe electric jacket liner when needed

Danner Goretex Stryker Boots

Bamboo Charcoal Soaks

Custom Molded Earplugs
These probably wouldn't 'work' with a blue tooth headset speakers in that would the music and / or calls audio still filter through when wearing these plugs?
They work just fine with my Sena SMH10. I know it sounds stupid to put earplugs in and then listen to music, but it works.

Autumn/Winter:

Dainese Ice Sheet Gore-tex jacket

Dainese Tushima/Odessa Gore-tex pants

TCX Air tech Gore-tex boots

Klan heated gloves or Glover St-03 gloves

Shark Rsf 2i helmet

Spring/Summer:

Spidi Net line jacket

Spidi NL 5 pants

Xpd X-net vented boots

Acerbis carbon-g gloves

Nolan N103/Shark Rsf 2i

Aerostich Roadcrafter 1-Piece suit. (Grey with black ballistics);

Shoei Multitec (for rallies), Shoei TZR (for everything else);

both above with Sena SMH10 bluetooth headsets.

Gaerne Balance oiled boots;

Aerostich elksin roper gloves;

Gerbing micro wire jacket liner, gloves and socks when needed.

Finally found my holy grail of riding gear...

Custom Molded Earplugs
They work just fine with my Sena SMH10. I know it sounds stupid to put earplugs in and then listen to music, but it works.
I would agree that it's not the best idea: but at least you're ears are protected from wind noise. It sure would be nice if you'd gotten something like this for use with your Sena SMH10: best of both worlds. 26 db external noise reduction , dual drivers, incredible bass, no need for loud volume and your music soundin' sweet.

IMG_0393.jpg

Maybe next time?

Gary

darksider #44

(all file photos) The following is what I wear mostly here in Flatistan. Trips up north can add to this.

Arai Signet-Q w/ gold iridium shield

Clover Crossover WP Jacket

Cycle Gear Heat-Out shirt

Reebok Synthetic Briefs

Clover Crossover WP Pants

Sidi Tour Gore-Tex Boots

Wigwam Socks

As far as gloves, I have 5 pair. The ones I wear 95% of the time are:

Cortech Accelerrator

Almost forgot.

Bilt Solar Reflective Vest

Banana hammock
That's all...
No, that will not do. You must also wear either flip flops or Crocs. I would also suggest a nice pair of Ray-Bans and some sunscreen.

Mine changes somewhat with the weather and how stylish I want to be, who I am riding with, how far I am going...

Usually the Tourmaster Transition Series 3 since it is so all weather versatile. The Tourmaster pants and boots, the LD Comfort undies are usually standard fare as well.

I have been using the Shoei Neotec lately but I have a Nolan N103 that I still enjoy very much.

If I want to fit in with my Harley friends I wear the Icon Daytona Stealth jacket. I also use a Fieldsheer mesh jacket for local warm weather use. I still have my Harley Daytona leather jacket from 1988.

I have numerous different pairs of gloves for every type of weather but I most often wear a set of Tourmaster Intake Air leather and mesh gloves.

My wife says I have a jacket and a pair of gloves for every day of the week and that I am worse than a woman buying shoes... I don't think she likes me much though.