SE Ohio Ramble Boating

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yamafitter

Reigning NERDS Granite Lane Gold Medalist
Reaction score
Who needs to go to FODS to do water crossings??

friday%20water-L.jpg

Isn't that a "No Wake" zone?
No signs were posted so I made sure I had enough momentum to get to dry land.

What a way to see if your gear is waterproof!
My supposedly waterproof boots gave me a soaker. Fortunately riding another 100 km of drier SE Ohio roads helped dry out the boots.

The offending road was Hwy 356 about 2/3 of the way around the short Western Loop as shown here by Mr Zumo.....

waterhole%20-%20ramble-L.jpg

Fortunately our resident Garmin guru, Marty (OFace) was with us and quickly plotted out a detour that took to higher ground.

Last edited by a moderator:
KJ was getting mad at me for calling his 1600 BMW a Land Barge so he pushed a button and showed that it's a fairly decent river barge too......

BMW%20boat-L.jpg

Hey Fitter,

Remember the days when everybody had CB antennas hangin' out the back of their touring rigs? Why not strap on a couple fishin' poles? You'd be lookin' good at trolling speed !!!

Gary

darksider #44

I thought about going out the other day when we had all the rain and get a picture lIke this! Unstoppable! 😎

It was a great Ramble weekend...they where not the only ones to submarine their bikes. I got home and

found a fish in my fairing.

It was a great Ramble weekend...they where not the only ones to submarine their bikes. I got home andfound a fish in my fairing.
Cooked. ready to serve?
laugh.png
No… he has a Gen 2 and he had a raw fish… Just another advantage to riding a Gen 1- Cooked to perfection!

Some great pics guys !!!