My 50/60/70 Ride (4 corners) Help me plan stops and places to see!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bikerskier

Reaction score
50-60-70Ride.jpg

My bucket list ride. 50 states and provinces, 60 days, in my 70th year. Start in Portland, OR, hit Hyder, AK,- Sydney, NS - Key West, FL - San Diego and home. 3 weeks solo, 2 weeks with Marianne (Montreal to Key West) and 3 weeks solo. My goal is to avoid freeways, large cities and congested areas. Avoid chain restaurants, take lots of pictures, write a short nightly blog. I welcome input from all for route fine tuning, places to stay, great food stops, interesting places to see, and more. Leaving late August.

Last edited by a moderator:
Atlantic Canada:

Coming from Quebec, continue all the way around the Gaspe Peninsula rather than cutting through the middle. Camp in Forillon National Park.

Going through Nova Scotia, take the "Sunrise Trail" rather than the main highway (Amherst to Antigonish)

On Cape Breton Island, plan to take the Cabot trail.

If you weren't limited for time, I would suggest going to Newfoundland for a few days. Cape Spear (near St. John's) is the eastern-most land in North America for a true Four Corners experience.

Have a fantastic trip.

Good on ya', Ralph. I wish your map could be zoomed or something. Hard to tell just where all those turns are. Maybe you've got a link to do that? Anyway, wish you luck with this. I'll look forward to seeing how this develops. (You DO have your National Parks Senior pass, right?)

Wow !

I too would love to zoom into your route. It looks like you plan a stay nearby, I always have a extra room for a stay in West Palm Beach.

Lots of beautiful coastal riding in Florida that you will be missing. Since you are taking backroads, there are some great sites along your route.

British Columbia right off the start.. how sweet! Looks like Glacier NP? But you are missing Banff? I'll wait for a better map cause obviously you

have put together one heck of a dream ride. I could ramble on … I will just watch with jealousy. I hope you will be riding with tracking?

Have a great time… WOW!!!

I will post a link to a better map that can be enlarged, and yeah, good advice on the Senior Park Senile Old Farts card.
biker skier, Papa Chuy Viejo went ahead and fixed it for you Hombre! NP card should have a picture of Niehart on it! Mas Caminos y mas Amigos, Suerte!

This..is...a ...ride...of...a...LIFETIME! Damn, this is a very ambitious ride, and I salute you sir! Make sure to link us to your blog, as this will be fantastic reading. All the best with the planning, riding, and reliving the memories. I'm envious.

Get off I5 at 58 and head West.

I'll put you up for the night and put a steak in your bellie that you'll remember for a long time.

Looks like an awesome trip.. I am seriously envious. Not jealous, envious.

Gotta do this myself..

Got nothing other than ride safe and have a great time Ralph! If you need anything in the Seattle area, my door is always open and the light is always on...

--G

Here is much better link to the proposed route map for those who expressed an interest.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2yz8homp2jgpdp6/50-60-70%20Route%20.jpg

I welcome ideas for route adjustments, low cost clean motels, great eats, cool things to do or see! I hope to post a few pics and short blog each night to help me remember my journey.My current diet will need some adjustments for the trip, hopefully oatmeal and fruit for breakfast, sandwich apple and water for lunch most days. But not all days. A sip of single malt Nadurra or Knob Creek bourbon at night should help me sleep.

Looking forward to the nightly post. I hope to follow in your tire tracks one day with my "that way" ride.

Will also need to stage some new tires in a couple of places. Maybe Colorado Springs area or a day or on either side of that and then again in Florida or so. If anyone has ideas where I can drop ship tires somewhere that will install them reasonably that will be a big help.

T minus 15 hours! I thought I was ready several days ago but between work being very busy and learning some frustrating GPS and SPOT stuff and now repacking several times cutting down the load, I'm ready for a steak, home made fries and a good Cabernet.

Monday night in south central BC.